Best Practices for Creation Justice Churches
This ongoing series of best practices for Creation Justice Churches showcases important and innovative church programs that further creation care and justice. The writers of these articles come from churches that have successfully implemented these programs. Contact Brooks Berndt if you have a story idea about something your church has done.
- The Story of an Earth Care Festival by Elizabeth Griego
- Monthly Nature Walks by John Donnelly
- Educating a Congregation about Creation Justice by Vivian Johnson
- An Introduction to Season of Creation: A Liturgical Earthcare Practice by the Rev. Dr. Robert Shore-Goss
- Bringing Community Funded Solar to Your Church – Here’s One Way by Gary Smith, Jane Smith, and Skip Stoddard
- Church Habitat Restoration 101 by Jim Ruyle
- Safe and Sustainable Landscape Practices for Churches by Pam Schmidt
- Thumbprints for Footprints: A Cookie Sale for Planet Earth by Brooks Berndt
- A Church Considers the Meaning of Environmental Justice by Melissa Stephens
- Church Seeks to Build Butterfly Highway by Elizabeth Griego
- Worshippers Dedicate Pledges to Be Creation Care Voters by Barbara Darling
- Reversing Climate Change and Saving Money by Jerry Hartz
- Creation Care Moment: A Practice for Each Sunday by the Rev. Daniel Cooperrider
For further ideas, one can also read about the innovative practices of the UCC’s First Creation Justice Church.