Faith Communities Today (FACT) Survey
From January 1 through April 30, 2020, all United Church of Christ congregations are invited to participate in a national study of religious life in America. It is the sixth such survey in the Faith Communities Today (FACT) series, begun in the year 2000, which provides religious leaders of all traditions critical planning information about the changing nature of congregational life and how to respond effectively. Information and findings from the FACT surveys are provided online freely at www.faithcommunitiestoday.org, and UCC results from the FACT 2015 Survey can be found on this page below.
This survey should be completed by your pastor, a staff member, or a well-informed lay leader. If any of the questions do not apply to your congregation, please feel free to skip them.
The survey is available online at https://www.ucc.org/fact_2020_ucc and requires your church’s official Church ID number which is also used to complete annual online Yearbook reporting (this number can be obtained from your Conference or Association and is also found in the UCC Yearbook and Directory or Access UCC. This survey is also available in Spanish online. Esta encuesta también está disponible en español en línea.
Responses about each individual congregation are completely confidential and will contribute to a better understanding of our local churches and how they do ministry. Please complete this survey by April 30, 2020. Aggregate results will be shared here online and on the Faith Communities Today website in coming months.
If you have questions regarding this survey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your willingness to be included in this important national study!
Faith Communities Today (FACT) Reports
- FACTs on Change and Adaptation
- FACTs on Christian Education/Faith Formation
- FACTs on Congregations and their Settings
- FACTs on Financial Stability
- FACTs on Growing Congregations
- FACTs on Ministerial Leadership
- FACTs on Mission, Identity, and Outreach
- FACTs on Smaller Congregations
- FACTs on Technology and Social Media
- FACTs on Worship
- FACTs on Young Adult Ministry
- Watch the webinar here: FACTS on UCC Congregations: Findings from the 2015 Faith Communities Today National Survey of Congregations
Illuminating the past, realizing the present, and envisioning the future
We are a church-wide resource whose task is to gather, provide, and interpret information and trends for the purpose of illuminating the past, realizing the present, and envisioning the future of the United Church of Christ in the larger context.
In our roles, we:
- Collect, analyze, maintain and report data for wider church use
- Determine data and assessment needs
- Develop the annual UCC Yearbook and Directory, as well as the online resource, Access UCC
- Work collaboratively across all settings of the UCC to analyze trends and produce relevant up-to-date information for vital ministry