About The Center for Analytics, Research & Development, and Data (CARDD)
To gather and provide data and research for ministry transformation.
To empower and champion innovation and change for a just world for all.
**A card is an item that usually offers the user certain types of information. For example, a playing card possesses a combination of numbers and colors that signifies its role in relation to other cards and the larger game. An index card provides notes for a speech or a recipe to make a hearty meal. The Center for Analytics, Research & Development, and Data (CARDD) functions in much the same way-our role is to serve as the UCC’s “card” that provides both raw data and applied information to individuals, congregations, and judicatory bodies for a larger purpose.
Dr. Erica Dollhopf, Director
- Provides leadership, vision, and supervision for the center
- Identifies emerging research and assessment needs within the United Church of Christ national setting and develops an on-going program and strategies to meet those needs; coordinates annual Statistical Reports on the state of the denomination
- Acts as a research advisor to the UCC Board and Covenanted Ministries
- Collaborates with relevant entities on selected social science research projects on new and emerging ministry issues, including ecumenical and seminary partners
- Coordinates with national, conference, association, the local church, and other related settings on research and assessment-related issues
Ms. Destiny Hisey, Associate Director
- Provides centralized oversight of the denominational Data Hub including user management and training
- Coordinates and oversees continued expansion and implementation of the Data Hub (to include lists and records maintained by national staff, conference/associations, churches, etc.)
- Convenes a data management working table across all covenanted ministries and related groups
- Serves as the managing editor of the UCC Yearbook & Directory
Rev. Phiwa Langeni, Ambassador for Innovation & Engagement
- Assists the UCC to grow engagement, share ideas, champion innovation and help facilitate idea sharing across the church
- Analyzes various ideas’ opportunities, risks, strengths, and weaknesses, as well as the seeds of potential game-changing inputs for the future, in alignment with the UCC’s purpose and mission in innovation
- Creates conditions of possibility to sensitize and persuade for innovation, supporting frameworks so that successful innovation is encouraged throughout the UCC
- Facilitates identifying sites for R&D projects and provides input on project proposals and final reports as needed
- Promotes the work of the Research and Development office as well as the work of the CARDD throughout the UCC
Ms. Taylor Russell, Research Specialist
- Assists with the ongoing development and execution of CARDD’s research agenda/schedule, including analysis, report writing, and consultations on surveys and other assessments across all Covenanted Ministries
- Coordinates the web-based communication and presence for the center, including website and social media accounts
- Functions as the primary administrator and marketer for Access UCC; monitors the Access UCC email account
- Collects financial information from conferences and data from various related organizations for Yearbook reporting
- Updates and produces Yearbook annual reports such as clergy compensation, “5 for 5” recognition, and Special Offerings
Mr. Joshua Tucker, Data Analyst
- Cleaning data sets, including identifying and removing duplicate lines of data, ensuring the response coding is consistent, and other related duties.
- Coding open-ended survey responses.
- Conducting preliminary analyses of the data sets in order to assist the team in planning further analyses and final research reports.
- Collaborate with CARDD staff to support data components of team projects
- Contribute to the research and writings of CARDD reports
- Help maintain the integrity of existing CARDD data bases through data checks, cleaning, and analysis