Stewardship & Generosity Resources
Stewardship is an important part of every ministry. The United Church of Christ in partnership with various ministry partners makes resources available annually to help local churches build their stewardship programs. Explore the resources to find reports, guides, videos and more.
Search and download more than 30 stewardship resources and tips covering important topics like planned giving, stewardship-focused sermons, grants and much more.
Upcoming Learning Events
Cultivating Generous Congregations Seminar
This is a 12-week seminar led by Rev. Andy DeBraber and Rev. Andrew Warner, both part of the Philanthropy Team of the national setting. The seminar offers pastors and lay leaders an opportunity to explore faithful, practical, and tested ways to promoting generosity in our congregations. Session topics draw on current research, seek guidance from the wisdom of scripture, and discuss the best practices in church-based fundraising.
Featured Video Series: Extravagant Generosity
This series offers a mix of “how-to” instruction, research on what works, and faith insights into the importance of giving – for the giver as well as the recipient.
Traci Blackmon on the Stewardship of Hope
Developing a Year Around Stewardship Plan
The Power of Asking with Jonna Jenson
Resources from Covenantal Settings
- United Church Funds – Find resources to integrate and maximize planned giving practices, either into a new or existing endowment program.
- Wisconsin Conference – Find resources to strengthen individual and congregation generosity practices so that mission-supporting financial sustainability can be achieved.
- Southern New England Conference – Find stewardship, generosity, fundraising and financial management resources and videos to help improve giving practices.
- Church Building and Loan Fund – CBLF provides capital campaign consulting, legacy church consulting, and other stewardship and fiscal management resources.
- Center for Faith and Giving – The Disciples of Christ provides local church resources on stewardship, with a focus on annual campaigns and year around generosity promotion.
Resources for Purchase @ UCC Resources
A variety of coordinated stewardship materials are available through the UCC Resources Store in both print and downloadable formats.
Featured Resource: Stewardship Materials for “From Bread and Cup to Faith and Giving” Campaign
From Bread and Cup to Faith and Giving” makes the connection between our experience of God and our generosity as disciples. It includes practical tools such as logos, commitment cards, bulletin inserts, and letters. The materials also provide resources for preaching and teaching about stewardship throughout the year. Campaign guidance and calendars help leaders make the best use of these robust materials for their specific context and size.
Giving to the United Church of Christ
Through your generosity, the United Church of Christ achieves its mission: United in Spirit and inspired by God’s grace, we welcome all, love all, and seek justice for all.