Statistics and Reports
This page contains recent work from the Center for Analytics, Research & Development, and Data (CARDD) and colleagues across the UCC. Below you will find our annual Statistical Profile, Yearbook and Directory, research reports on a variety of topics, 11 Year History reports, UCC contributions to Faith Communities Today (FACT) – a multi-faith collaboration studying religious life in the United States, and other reports from around the UCC.
2023 Yearbook and Directory Statistics
The UCC Yearbook and Directory contains annual data from our churches, as well as a directory listing of Clergy, Conferences, Associations, and other organizations related to the UCC.
Latest Yearbook and Directory Statistics+
This section contains CARDD-produced reports that expand upon or exceed the topics covered by annual projects such as the Yearbook or Statistical Profile. Common topics include church vitality and trends in ministry.
All Research Reports+
- Ministerial Compensation Report – 2022 (New – May 2023)
- Survey Report: COVID-19 and Our Congregations
- 2019 Open and Affirming Church Data
- Flourishing in Ministry – Full Report
- Flourishing in Ministry – Summary Report with Reflection Questions
- Flourishing in Ministry – Differences by Race/Ethnicity
- Analysis of Demographics in Conference Minister Search and Call
- Analysis of Demographics in Local Church Search and Call
- Visions of Authorized Ministry: Present and Future – AM21 PowerPoint Presentation
- Engaging Spirituality: Faith and the Future – A Survey of Young Adults
- Multiply-Affiliated Congregations in the United Church of Christ
- UCC Congregational Vitality and Ministerial Excellence Report
11 Year History Reports
Eleven Year Reports contain membership and financial data for the conference noted. These reports contain data for the previous 11 years.
2022 11 Year History Reports+
Faith Communities Today (FACT) Reports
FACT is a research project with members representing more than 25 faith groups and dedicated to the study of congregational life. Since 2000, FACT has conducted regular surveys to understand spiritual, financial, demographic, and other trends shaping the religious landscape. The report below represents the most recent UCC contribution to the project.
All FACT Reports+
- FACTs on Change and Adaptation
- FACTs on Christian Education/Faith Formation
- FACTs on Congregations and their Settings
- FACTs on Financial Stability
- FACTs on Growing Congregations
- FACTs on Ministerial Leadership
- FACTs on Mission, Identity, and Outreach
- FACTs on Smaller Congregations
- FACTs on Technology and Social Media
- FACTs on Worship
- FACTs on Young Adult Ministry
- Watch the webinar here: FACTS on UCC Congregations: Findings from the 2015 Faith Communities Today National Survey of Congregations
- 2015 Faith Communities Today National Survey of Congregations: Preliminary Findings
Reports From Around the UCC
This section contains reports from UCC offices and organizations beyond CARDD.