Your vote is your voice – don’t give it up!
The problems in our world often seem too big to confront. We see injustice every day and feel that change can’t or won’t happen. But our faith is infused with hope and built on a foundation of action. By serving the vulnerable, feeding the hungry, and standing in solidarity with the oppressed, we serve as God’s hands.
Voting is a natural extension of faithful action. The decisions made by our representatives have a wide reaching impact. We have enormous potential to make positive change. We must engage our legislators, vote, and encourage everyone in our communities to do the same.
Our faithful voice is needed. It is tempting to disengage from the political process. As people dedicated to creating a just world for all, we know we must be involved.
Join the Our Faith, Our Vote campaign. Discover how your congregation can participate in the electoral process through faithful, nonpartisan engagement. The United Church of Christ can help with resources on civic engagement, voter registration information, issue education, and voter mobilization.
This election season it is essential that people raise their voices and vote. Will you join us?
Lead your Congregation! Become an Our Faith Our Vote Captain!
As a captain you will assist your congregation in activities related to at least one of three areas:
- Voter Registration - Organize a church voter registration team. Make sure your congregation is 100% registered. Register your church-based or community service clients. Provide your college-bound students with information on absentee voting or voting in their campus community.
- Voter Education - Hold issue forums in which church members can talk openly and respectfully about key issues in this election season on the local, state, federal and international levels. Create spaces to encourage people to connect their faith with their hopes for the 2016 election and beyond.
- Voter Empowerment and Mobilization - Organize nonpartisan get-out-the-vote activities for your congregation and community. Empower members of your community with the information they need to exercise their right to vote.
Our Faith Our Vote Tips & Resources
- Get Active in the Elections
- Get Out the Vote
- College Resources
- Youth and Young Adults in Action
- Worship Resources
- Being a Civil Voice in Uncivil Times
- Ballot Initiatives
- Election Protection
- Helpful Links
- Download Toolkit