Our Faith Our Vote, which seeks to engage and empower the public witness of the United Church of Christ, is deeply informed by our Christian faith and theological grounding.
On this page, you will find worship resources to help congregations lift up and affirm the connection between corporate worship and the living out our faith in the public sphere. We offer liturgical resources for use in your own congregations that reflect our call to pray for a more just, peaceful and compassionate world, and to engage in political and public efforts that will help bring it about.
As people of faith, we can play a unique role in election cycles by empowering every voice in our congregations and offering a hope-filled vision of the future for all people.
Resources for Worship
- UCC Worship Ways: Seeds for Election Season Prayers
- UCC Worship Ways: Prayers to Help Counter Fears
- Trusting in the Source – Service Prayers for a Sunday in Election Season
- Prayer: Prayer to the God of Love, Relationship and Community
- Threshold Moments: A Ritual for Voting by Chris Davies
“In Hebrew Scripture the word most often translated ‘voice’ is ‘qol.’ This is also the word translated as noise, or sound, or vote. In a broader sense, I would say the Hebrew word, qol, simply means letting oneself be heard. Using our voice to make a sound is certainly one way to be heard, and using our vote is another.“Rev. Traci Blackmon, Associate General Minister of Justice and Local Church Ministries
Observe Vote Faithfully Sunday
We invite you to join with our Ecumenical partners in observing the Sunday before election day as “Vote Faithfully Sunday.” This is a wonderful opportunity to celebrate and uplift every voice in our community, reflect on our commitment to the common good and prepare to cast our ballots.
How will you observe Vote Faithfully Sunday? Here are some ideas:
- Download the Vote Faithfully Sunday Ecumenical toolkit: This toolkit provides helpful, nonpartisan resources for engaging with your congregation and community on Vote Faithfully Sunday. It includes:Worship Resources & Prayers; Action Steps including a Voter Pledge, Voter Mobilization Tips, FAQs & Election Protection Info; And more!
- Worship: Use the worship materials in the toolkit and below to celebrate Vote Faithfully Sunday
- Pledge: Invite your members to commit to casting a Ballot in November. Download these “Vote Faithfully Pledge Cards” and collect them through your offering. Send them back to our DC office if your members want to join our UCC Justice Network!
- Get Out the Vote: Make sure every member of your congregation knows where they can turn for help if they have trouble casting their ballot. Share information about the Election Protection hotlines from our partners.
Possible Song Choices from Sing! Prayer and Praise
13 Love and Justice
16 Come to the Water
50 Song of Mercy
69 God Weeps
77 Blessed Are You
86 Taste and See
101 Make Us All One
112 Come to the Table of Grace
120 Dream God’s Dream
127 Dance of the Spirit
137 Come Sweet Justice
170 We Share a Hunger
178 Here Are Our Hearts
199 Go Make a Difference
Get Engaged with Our Faith Our Vote.
Questions? Contact UCC.
Online Communications Specialist