Your vote is your voice – don’t give it up!
These are difficult and challenging times for our local communities, our country, and the world. Divisive and heated rhetoric dominate the public dialogue, and the power of money is shutting out the voice of the average voter. More and more people are withdrawing from engagement in the political process out of a growing sense of cynicism and mistrust.
Now, more than ever, your voice and your efforts are needed.
As people of faith, we can play a unique role in this election cycle by encouraging civil, respectful dialogue that builds community and offers a hope-filled vision of the future for all people.
Join the Our Faith, Our Vote campaign and find out how your congregation can participate in the electoral process through faithful, nonpartisan engagement. Check out our resources and sign up for helpful webinars and opportunities to make a difference in this election season.
Apply for an Our Faith Our Vote Grant
Interested in taking your OFOV witness to the next level? This year we are making five OFOV grants available in the amount of $2,000 for local organizing efforts to register voters, provide issue education and to encourage voters to go to the polls in November. These efforts should be strictly nonpartisan and focus on key issues of concern in your community. Apply now.
Lead your Congregation! Become an Our Faith Our Vote Captain!
As a captain you will assist your congregation in activities related to at least one of three areas:
- Voter Registration - Organize a church voter registration team. Make sure your congregation is 100% registered. Register your church-based or community service clients. Provide your college-bound students with information on absentee voting or voting in their campus community.
- Voter Education - Hold issue forums in which church members can talk openly and respectfully about key issues in this election season on the local, state, federal and international levels. Create spaces to encourage people to connect their faith with their hopes for the 2016 election and beyond.
- Voter Empowerment and Mobilization - Organize nonpartisan get-out-the-vote activities for your congregation and community. Empower members of your community with the information they need to exercise their right to vote.
Our Faith Our Vote Tips & Resources
- 2016 Our Faith Our Vote Grant Applications
- Get Active in the Elections
- Get Out the Vote
- College Resources
- Youth and Young Adults in Action
- Worship Resources
- Being a Civil Voice in Uncivil Times
- Ballot Initiatives
- Campaign Financing and the Elections
- What is a Super PAC?
- Election Protection
- Helpful Links
- Download Toolkit