What you can do to support Hurricane Dorian recovery now
There’s a lot you can do right now!
- Donate. Financial contributions are most effective, efficient and beneficial to survivors. They can be made online through the UCC’s Donate to Disaster Relief web page.
- Pray for people affected by the storm and those still in harm’s way. A prayer by the Rev. Karen Georgia Thompson, Associate General Minister for Wider Church Ministries and Operations, appears below.
- Volunteer to help families and communities recover. Information and opportunities appear here.
- Build CWS Emergency Cleanup Buckets and Hygiene Kits using UCC Disaster Ministries matching grants.
- Use this resource page to prepare yourself to respond should a disaster hit your own community.
- Regularly visit ucc.org/disaster to keep up with the latest news of UCC Disaster Ministries’ work, including and especially its priority for long-term recovery.
“Holy God, you are an ever-present help in times of trouble. We put our hope in you on behalf of those whose lives have been affected by tragedy in the Bahamas. We pray their peace and comfort, asking for help for those who have suffered loss. We pray calm for those who now wait anxiously. Grant your peace, O God. Amen.”
Here are some recent international grants approved by UCC Disaster Ministries: $20,000 to Global...Read More
A pilot program to help communities launch long-term recovery following disasters is growing...Read More