Three Things You Can Do for Flint
A few days ago the grassroots leadership in Flint began circulating the following list of demands following the ongoing crisis in the city:
As people of faith who want to act in solidarity with the community in Flint, what can we do? Here are three ways to get involved:
1) Call President Obama to request an increase in federal funding directed to Flint that would allow for the replacement of the city’s water infrastructure. Call 202-456-1111.
2) Donate to the UCC Emergency USA Fund. You can choose to designate your contribution to Flint.
3) Share articles that highlight the role of systemic racism in the Flint water crisis:
- “How a Racist System Has Poisoned the Water in Flint, Mich.” by Louise Seamster and Jessica Welburn
- “Flint’s Water Crisis: A Story of Racial Injustice” by the Rev. Dr. Brooks Berndt
As the Music Director at my church, I’m always on the lookout for texts that name our...Read More