The Stillspeaking Writers’ Group
Relevant. Grounded. Playful.
The Stillspeaking Writers’ Group provides a relevant ministry of inspiring word, giving creative direction for the Daily Devotional, annual Advent/Lenten devotionals, and other print resources developed for congregations. Print resources from the Stillspeaking Writers’ Group are available for purchase through The Pilgrim Press. In addition to the Stillspeaking Writers’ Group members identified below, many volunteer writers contribute to these resources.
|Vince Amlin is co-pastor of Bethany UCC, Chicago, and co-planter of Gilead Church Chicago.|
|Molly Baskette is Senior Minister of the First Church of Berkeley, California.|
|Quinn G. Caldwell is a United Church of Christ minister and the co-author, with Curtis J. Preston, of The Unofficial Handbook of the United Church of Christ.|
|Kaji Douša is the Senior Pastor of The Park Avenue Christian Church, a congregation of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and the United Church of Christ, in New York City.|
|Matthew Laney is the Senior Pastor of Virginia Highland Church UCC in Atlanta, GA.|
|Phiwa Langeni is the Ambassador for Innovation & Engagement of the UCC; they are also the founder of Salus Center, the only LGBTQ resource and community center in Lansing, MI.|
|Mary Luti is a long time seminary educator and pastor, and founding member of The Daughters of Abraham, a national network of interfaith women’s book groups.|
|Kenneth L. Samuel is Pastor of Victory for the World Church, Stone Mountain, Georgia.|
|Donna Schaper is Pastor at the Orient Congregational Church on the far end of Long Island. Her books include I Heart Francis and Remove the Pews.|
|Christina Villa is Philanthropy/Communications Consultant at The Pension Boards-United Church of Christ, New York, NY.|
|Rachel Hackenberg is Managing Editor for Faith-forming Publications and The Pilgrim Press, including editorial support to the Stillspeaking Writers’ Group.|
Boost your faith with whimsy and honesty.
- Study the books of the Bible from a progressive perspective with a “Listen Up” Bible Study.
- Be encouraged in the intense spiritual work of parenting with Hard and Holy: Devotions for Parenting.
- Find prayers for everyday experiences, for unsheltering from the pandemic, for grace at meals, and more.
- Make “money” an easier topic for your congregation with On Giving: Reflections and Resources for Pre-Generous Parishioners.
- All these resources and more are available from the Stillspeaking Writers’ Group!