Dear Committee on Ministry colleagues,
On behalf of the Ministerial Excellence, Support & Authorization (MESA) Team and the Habakkuk Group, I’m pleased to invite you to the 2017 Regional AM21 events – four two-day meetings across the UCC for the purpose of ongoing engagement with the drafted Manual on Ministry materials. Each AM21 (“Authorizing Ministry for the 21st Century”) in 2017 is a vital opportunity for conversation and feedback toward the next edition of MOM to best support your work as Committees on Ministry.
We hope that you – our Committees on Ministry – as well as authorized ministers, Members in Discernment, and all church members who are interested in MOM will take advantage of this invitation to conversation. The four AM21s will be held:
• March 2 – 3 in Manchester NH
• April 24 – 25 in Chicago IL
• September 21 – 22 in Denver CO
• October 23 – 24 in Philadelphia PA
Each AM21 will have the same agenda, which will be provided on the AM21 registration site (going “live” in February) and is outlined here for your planning:
• 11:30am – 1:00pm (first day): Registration and lunch on your own
• 1:00pm – 5:00pm (first day): Worship, Plenary and Small Group Discussion on Section 1 of the drafted MOM
• 5:00pm – 6:30pm (first day): Dinner
• 6:30pm – 8:30pm (first day): Plenary and Small Group Discussion on Section 2 of the drafted MOM
• Before 9:00am (second day): Breakfast on your own
• 9:00am – 11:45am (second day): Worship, Plenary and Small Group Discussion on Case Studies with the drafted MOM
• 12:00pm – 1:00pm (second day): Lunch
• 1:00pm – 3:30pm (second day): Resource training with Section 3 of the drafted MOM, and Closing Worship
Those who will be attending the Regional AM21 in Manchester NH in March can begin to make their hotel reservations at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson (603-666-4600). Identify yourself with the “UCC Regional Meeting” to receive our group rate of $109/night.
The drafted Manual on Ministry and accompanying materials will be available online for your engagement in February. Also available to Committees on Ministry in February are two Zoom trainings:
• Ecumenical Agreements (Thursday February 9th 7:00pm – 8:30pm eastern via https://zoom.us/j/625308984);
• Member in Discernment Process (Thursday February 16th 2:00pm – 3:30pm eastern via https://zoom.us/j/312232395).
One more resource for today, related to ecumenical agreements: the interim measures for mutual recognition of ministers between the United Church of Christ and The United Church of Canada can be found online at http://www.uccfiles.com/pdf/Mutual-Recognition-UCC-UCCan.pdf.
We look forward to seeing you this year at an AM21,
The Rev. Rachel G. Hackenberg
Minister for Committee on Ministry Resources & Conference Support
Ministerial Excellence, Support & Authorization (MESA) Team
Local Church Ministries, United Church of Christ
Planning for Earth Month: Resources for Congregations
April is Earth Month, and for congregations, it can be a great time to further discern how...Read More
We Would Be Building
Listen to the...Read More
The Sacred Web of Abundance
The day after spreading their child’s ashes in Welaunee, also known as the South River...Read More