On behalf of the Ministerial Excellence, Support & Authorization (MESA) Team and the Habakkuk Group, I’m pleased to invite you to the 2017 Regional AM21 events – four two-day meetings across the UCC for the purpose of ongoing engagement with the drafted Manual on Ministry materials.
Dear Committee on Ministry colleagues,
On behalf of the Ministerial Excellence, Support & Authorization (MESA) Team and the Habakkuk Group, I’m pleased to invite you to the 2017 Regional AM21 events – four two-day meetings across the UCC for the purpose of ongoing engagement with the drafted Manual on Ministry materials. Each AM21 (“Authorizing Ministry for the 21st Century”) in 2017 is a vital opportunity for conversation and feedback toward the next edition of MOM to best support your work as Committees on Ministry.
We hope that you – our Committees on Ministry – as well as authorized ministers, Members in Discernment, and all church members who are interested in MOM will take advantage of this invitation to conversation. The four AM21s will be held:
• March 2 – 3 in Manchester NH
• April 24 – 25 in Chicago IL
• September 21 – 22 in Denver CO
• October 23 – 24 in Philadelphia PA
Each AM21 will have the same agenda, which will be provided on the AM21 registration site (going “live” in February) and is outlined here for your planning:
• 11:30am – 1:00pm (first day): Registration and lunch on your own
• 1:00pm – 5:00pm (first day): Worship, Plenary and Small Group Discussion on Section 1 of the drafted MOM
• 5:00pm – 6:30pm (first day): Dinner
• 6:30pm – 8:30pm (first day): Plenary and Small Group Discussion on Section 2 of the drafted MOM
• Before 9:00am (second day): Breakfast on your own
• 9:00am – 11:45am (second day): Worship, Plenary and Small Group Discussion on Case Studies with the drafted MOM
• 12:00pm – 1:00pm (second day): Lunch
• 1:00pm – 3:30pm (second day): Resource training with Section 3 of the drafted MOM, and Closing Worship
Those who will be attending the Regional AM21 in Manchester NH in March can begin to make their hotel reservations at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson (603-666-4600). Identify yourself with the “UCC Regional Meeting” to receive our group rate of $109/night.
The drafted Manual on Ministry and accompanying materials will be available online for your engagement in February. Also available to Committees on Ministry in February are two Zoom trainings:
• Ecumenical Agreements (Thursday February 9th 7:00pm – 8:30pm eastern via https://zoom.us/j/625308984);
• Member in Discernment Process (Thursday February 16th 2:00pm – 3:30pm eastern via https://zoom.us/j/312232395).
One more resource for today, related to ecumenical agreements: the interim measures for mutual recognition of ministers between the United Church of Christ and The United Church of Canada can be found online at http://www.uccfiles.com/pdf/Mutual-Recognition-UCC-UCCan.pdf.
We look forward to seeing you this year at an AM21,
The Rev. Rachel G. Hackenberg
Minister for Committee on Ministry Resources & Conference Support
Ministerial Excellence, Support & Authorization (MESA) Team
Local Church Ministries, United Church of Christ