HR Services include:
- Works to recruit and retain a diverse staff population
- Investigates complaints of unlawful discrimination on the basis sex, gender-identity, race, religion, color, or national origin; people over 40; people with physical or mental disabilities; and veterans of the US military.
- Assists with the coordination of reasonable and appropriate accommodations for staff persons with documented disabilities.
- Provides guidance to staff regarding policies and procedures
- Communicates the UCC’s commitment to inclusivity and works with a council of dedicated and committed staff to establish diversity programs and initiatives.
- Promotes a culturally diverse and inclusive working and learning environment where current and prospective staff are treated fairly and valued for their individuality.
- Provides mandatory compliance training (i.e., workplace harassment etc.)
- Provides search and screening guidelines to search committees.