In addition to the worship resources you find below, we have prepared and compiled sources Immigrant Rights Sunday which are useful anytime. They include sermons and reflections, prayers, orders of worship, and other worship elements.
- Biblical References to Immigration: A comprehensive listing of all Bible references to immigrants and refugees.
- Faith and Immigration (with Reflection Questions): A theological exploration of immigration and overview of the UCC’s General Synod’s thinking on this issue.
- And Who Do We Say We Are? sermon by Rev. Loey Powell, Aisnworth UCC, Portland OR
- “An Immigrant Rights Sunday sermon by Rev. Chuck Currie, First Congregational, Salem, Oregon
- Hearts that Long for Justice By Bishop Samuel Ruiz of San Cristobal de Las Casas in Chiapas
- God’s Extravagant Welcome: Extending Citizenship by the Rev. John Thomas
- Our Response to Fear by the Rev. Daniel Romero
Theology of Immigration
Theological Reflections on Immigration by Daniel G. Groody, C.S.C. including:
- Dying to Live: Theology, Migration and the Human Journey
- Crossing the Divide: Foundations of a Theology of Migration and Refugees
- Dying to Live: Theology, Migration, and the Human Journey
The Rev. Alice Hunt: Love thy immigrant, column in Chicago Tribune
All hymns are from the New Century Hymnal
Tu has venido a la orilla (You have come down to the Lakeshore), #173
De Colores (Sing of Colors), #402
We are Marching in the Light of God, #526
We Are Not Our Own, #564
Lead Us From Death to Life, #581
Through all the world a hungry Christ, # 587
Living Mosaic © 2006 by Mark D. Watkins and Victor M. Evans, 99 Bloomfield Ave, Windsor, CT (firstname.lastname@example.org), All Rights Reserved.