for getting to ZERO
- Zero new infections
- Zero AIDS-related deaths
- Zero stigma and discrimination
UCC HIV/AIDS Curriculum:
Affirming Persons, Saving Lives
A comprehensive HIV awareness and prevention education curriculum published by the United Church of Christ.
Why Give Out Condoms?
A resource addressing the importance of making condoms available in faith settings.
HIV Resources Listing
An annotated listing of HIV resources from the United Church of Christ. Produced by the Wider Church Ministries Office for Health and Wholeness Advocacy.
HIV/AIDS Policy Fact Sheets from the Kaiser Family Foundation
A variety fact sheets with up-to-date information on HIV around the world, including the United States. New fact sheets have recently been post on Medicaid, Medicare and the Ryan White Program
- Estimates of New HIV Infections in the United States, 2006–2009 (08/03/11)
- HIV and AIDS in America: A Snapshot (08/12/11)
United in Battling HIV/AIDS: A Guide to Understanding How Faith Communities Can Make a Difference
NASTAD, in collaboration with the HHS Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS, The Balm in Gilead, Inc. and the Latino Commission on AIDS, released a fact sheet for faith communities, United in Battling HIV/AIDS: A Guide to Understanding How Faith Communities Can Make a Difference. As was emphasized in the National HIV/AIDS Strategy, this fact sheet is an attempt to encourage collaboration with faith institutions and provide information and resources for faith communities to initiate, or enhance existing, health and HIV/AIDS activities.
United States' National HIV/AIDS Strategy
One of the HIV/AIDS policy priorities is the development and implementation of a National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS). The Obama administration has identified three primary goals for the NHAS:
- Reducing HIV incidence
- Increasing access to care and optimizing health outcomes
- Reducing HIV-related health disparities
Bold new AIDS targets set by world leaders for 2015
- UNAIDS Strategy - Getting to Zero
- Global HIV Strategic Investment Framework
- United Nation's Political Declaration on HIV/AIDS: Intensifying our Efforts to eliminate HIV/AIDS
- Faith Responses to Getting to Zero
- Rapporteurs' Summary from Interfaith Prayer Breakfast - PDF
AIDS 2010 - Vienna, Austria, July 17-23, 2010
UCAN participated in AIDS 2010 as part of the Ecumenical Advocacy Alliance. Follow the events and blogs from the conference.