Justice and Witness Ministries
Justice and Witness Ministries is one of four Covenanted Ministries in the UCC, helps local congregations and all settings of the church respond to God's commandments to do justice, seek peace and effect change for a better world. The work of JWM is guided by the pronouncements and resolutions approved by the UCC at General Synod.
JWM's Vision is a just, compassionate and peaceful world that honors all of God's creation.
Our Mission: To speak and act prophetically through community mobilization, leadership training, issues education, public witness, and public policy advocacy.
Guiding Principles - JWM is:
- Inspired by God's grace and through the prayerful discernment and courageous witness of God's people.
- Grounded in biblical and theological understandings of God's mission and the justice and compassion to which the gospel calls us.
- Rooted in the conviction that all forms of oppression and injustice can be overcome.
- Committed to full inclusion and to creating institutional structures and practices that support the self-determination of those who have been marginalized and silenced.
- Called by God to have a transforming impact on local, national, and global communities.
- Encouraged by the prophetic witness of the United Church of Christ in the past and present, and dedicated to sustaining this witness into the future.
- Convinced that God's vision of "Another World is Possible"
Learn more about our work, resources and communications.
Rev. Linda Jaramillo
Executive Minister, Justice & Witness Ministries
700 Prospect Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44115