Pictured above: Rebuilding new, permanent, earthquake-resistant homes in Nepal. Photo: The Fuller Center for Housing.
By The Numbers
- 7.8 Magnitude Earthquake April 25, 2015
- 7.3 Magnitude Earthquake May 12, 2015, and Other Powerful Aftershocks
- 8,844 Dead
- 598,401 Homes Destroyed
- 283,585 Homes Damaged
- 8 Million People Affected (More Than One-Fourth of Nepal's Population)
- Thousands of Schools Destroyed or Damaged
- Worst Earthquake in Nepal in 80 Years
- $200,000 released in three installments; the third ($50,000 in February 2018) completed UCC Disaster Ministries' pledge of enough funds to build 50 homes in partnership with the Fuller Center for Housing. Due to careful stewardship, the funds will complete more than that!
- $149,818 was provided by UCC Disaster Ministries to ACT Alliance partners for long-term livelihood recovery
projects and training, including restoration of livestock, poultry and seeds; for psychosocial care, and for water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH).
- $40,000 Provided by UCC Disaster Ministries to ACT Alliance partners for immediate response efforts e.g. medicine, food, water, temporary shelter, kitchen supplies, quilts, basic household equipment and other items for survivors.
March 26, 2018 - UCC has met the goal! 50 new earthquake-resistant homes in Nepal
September 23, 2016 - UCC helps Nepali children, adults recover from post-quake PTSD
September 21, 2016 - In Nepal, restoring earthquake-devastated water systems
June 10, 2016 - How support for Nepal earthquake recovery touches lives
April 25, 2016 - UCC reaffirms commitment to Nepal earthquake recovery
Generous donations to the International Emergency Fund allow Disaster Ministries to respond to global disasters. To send your support, please give to this fund.
GIVE generously to support emergency relief and rebuilding efforts by clicking on the link to make a secure online donation. Donations may also be made out and sent directly to Wider Church Ministries, Financial Services - 6th Floor, 700 Prospect Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115.
100% of funds designated for disaster relief to the United Church of Christ are used for disaster relief and rehabilitation programming.
Thank you for your prayers and support for those impacted by the earthquakes in Nepal.