How am I called to be Christ's servant in the service of others? What does the Church need from me in order to proclaim the gospel to all the world and resist the powers of evil? How do I discern a call to ministry in the United Church of Christ?
Do you find yourself asking any of these questions? If so, then these pages are for you! Here you will find resources to support your journey of discernment and an invitation to:
- take time to listen to the video testimonies of six women and men who experienced the call to ministry
- prioritize space in your life for prayer
- ask questions about ministry formation and authorization
How is a person formed for ministry? When we are called and claimed by God, we are also opened to the action of the Holy Spirit. Formation is God's work within us which is ongoing and creative. We cooperate with God's formation of us as we grow through our participation in the following:
- Church community
- Spiritual life and practice
- Education and study
- Service and learning in the world
But now thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine." (Isaiah 43:1) God has called us and claimed our lives. What shape will that call take in your life?