Eleven digital hymns, a movie and a pageant of lessons and carols, produced by the national setting of the United Church of Christ, will soon be available to local churches for Advent and Christmas.
Each piece will be downloadable as a video file.
The following components are coming soon (watch this page for updates):
Eleven Digital Hymns as music videos:
- Come, O Come Emmanuel (with John 1: 1-5)
- In the Bleak Midwinter (with Luke 2: 1-5)
- Star of County Down (with Luke 1: 46-56)
- Away In a Manger /Santo Santo Santo
- Come All You Faithful
- Each Winter as the Year Grows Older - v 1& 3
- Jesus, Jesus, Oh, What a Wonderful Child
- Angels We Have Heard on High
- Little Town of Bethlehem
- Silent Night
- Go Tell it on the Mountain
- A “Lessons and Carols” pageant service (including some of the above).
- A fully produced movie, “A Very UCC Christmas: 2020.” It will include music tracks as above and will consist of four scenes:
- Scene 1: Board Room Brainstorming
- Scene 2: Finance Committee Transformations
- Scene 3: Faith Formation Finds Volunteers
- Scene 4: Lessons and Carols
The lessons and carols will be streamed for all on Christmas Eve on Facebook and YouTube as part of the weekly “Thursdays for the Soul” series at 3:30 p.m. ET / 2:30 p.m. CT / 1:30 p.m. MT / 12:30 p.m. PT / 11:30 a.m. Alaska / 10:30 a.m. HI.
The full movie, “A Very UCC Christmas: 2020,” will be streamed on two UCC platforms (YouTube and Facebook) on Sunday, Dec. 27, at 10 a.m. ET.
As voters head to the polls on Election Day, United Church of Christ advocates are urging all Americans to remember that today marks the beginning of the democratic process that decides our next president – not the end.
The United Church of Christ is equipping congregants for the election both practically and spiritually, offering resources, webinars and an all-church worship service leading up to Nov. 3.Read more
As voters turn out in record numbers this election season, UCC advocates urge Americans to vote and to remain vigilant, offering a Oct. 25 webinar to train clergy to stand as precinct chaplains at the polls.Read more
The national staff of the United Church of Christ is mourning the passing of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.Read more
The Rev. Avery D. Post, president of the United Church of Christ from 1977 to 1989, died Monday, Sept. 7, at Kendal Retirement Community in Hanover, N.H. He was 96.Read more
Emphasizing the burden that climate breakdown places on poor people and people of color, and calling for action now, two United Church of Christ speakers took prominent roles in early sessions of this year’s online American Climate Leadership Summit, still underway every Thursday in August.Read more
The executives of Global Ministries, the common overseas ministry of the UCC and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) are reaching out to several mission partners in Lebanon after two colossal explosions rocked the city of Beirut on Tuesday.Read more