The success and sustainability of the United Church of Christ's national ministries is relying on your church's contribution to basic operating support and mission. Being 5 for 5 means that your church is a leader, providing support to Our Church’s Wider Mission and the Special Mission Offerings: One Great Hour of Sharing, Strengthen The Church, Neighbors In Need and The Christmas Fund.
Be A Leader, Become a 5 for 5 Church Today!
United Church of Christ Special Mission Offerings sponsor vital ministries that bring hope to people in the U.S. and around the world. Our church has identified four areas where critical human needs exist:
• in places lacking health and educational resources and/or where disaster has struck;
• within systems of injustice which oppress daily life and opportunity;
• in the lives of church leaders without sufficient resources to live with dignity;
• in the nurture of youth and congregations just beginning their lives of faith.
We believe these Special Mission Offerings collectively serve to lift people closer to the abundance and wholeness to which Jesus Christ has called us to work together to bring about.
Channels resources for international programs in health, education and agricultural development, emergency relief, refugee ministries, and both international and domestic disaster response, administered by Wider Church Ministries, Global Sharing of Resources.
This offering is received on the Fourth Sunday of Lent.
Re-imagines and builds the future of the UCC. Shared at the conference and national levels, STC largely supports youth ministries and full-time leaders for new churches in parts of the country where the UCC does not have a strong presence. Its also provides support for existing church's new initiatives.
This offering is received on Pentecost Sunday.
Supports ministries of justice and compassion throughout the United States, including the Council for American Indian Ministries (CAIM), justice and advocacy, and direct service projects supported by Justice and Local Church Ministries.
This offering is received on First Sunday of October as part of World Communion Sunday.
The Christmas Fund for the Veterans of the Cross and the Emergency Fund is a Special Mission Offering that congregations have been supporting for over 100 years. The offering is administered through the United Church Board for Ministerial Assistance, the charitable arm of the Pension Boards. Funds provide direct financial support to those who serve the church and are facing financial difficulties. Active and retired clergy, lay employees, and their surviving spouses may be eligible for the Supplementation of Small Annuities, Supplementation of Health Premiums, Emergency Grants, and/or Christmas “Thank You” Gift Checks.
This offering is received on the Sunday before Christmas.
To order additional Special Mission Offering materials call United Church of Christ Resources at 800.537.3394 or to place or change a standing order call the Office of Philanthropy and Stewardship at 866.822.8224.
THE ANNUAL FUND
We sincerely hope and pray that you, your family, and your community are doing well and staying healthy while navigating this time of pandemic. Even while social distancing, the United Church of Christ is bringing communities together in new, healthy, and meaningful ways. Your ongoing support of the United Church of Christ has already made a big difference in the time of COVID-19:
- You have equipped and trained our churches to host online worship services and meetings
- You are standing with our global mission partners on the front lines of addressing the pandemic and caring for those who become ill across the world
- You have made it possible for thousands of UCC members to call on their representatives and senators to implement just legislation for the most vulnerable among us – the elderly, the sick, the poor
- You showed our churches how to shift from in-person offering plate giving to receiving sustaining gifts electronically and through the mail
Yet, as you know, this is just a small sampling of the work we do together, nearly 5,000 churches and 825,000 people strong. In addition to addressing the pandemic, we need your help to continue to serve our churches and the world. With a gift today, you will be doing things like:
- Providing inspiring, theologically-sound, creative worship resources
- Training new leaders for the church
- Dismantling racism
- Cleaning up the 100 toxic super polluters we recently identified and named publicly
- Equipping our churches to address the drug crisis sweeping our land
We are extremely grateful for your past donations and ask that you renew and consider increasing your support in this critical time with a gift to the UCC Annual Fund today.
For more information on how the United Church of Christ is managing the crisis, please visit https://www.ucc.org/coronavirus.