Severe spring floods in Kenya displaced more than 311,000 people, killing 132 and injuring 23 others according to Kenya’s National Disaster Management Agency. In addition, more than 6,000 livestock were killed, and flood waters submerged more than 9,500 acres of farmland during planting season. Houses, health centers, schools and roads have been damaged or destroyed.Read more
Find relief for stressors caused or increased by COVID-19.
This briefing separates facts from falsehoods and fear, supplying valuable information for ministry during the pandemic crisis.
Diverse resources addressing issues of racial and ethnic disparities related to health and violence against communities of color.
- Disaster Preparedness Manual for Churches
FEMA 2019 National Preparedness Month Toolkit
- Ready.Gov Resources
- FEMA Individual Assistance Toolkit
More Disaster Info
UCC Disaster Ministries 2019 Summary - Information on 2019 and Ongoing Response Work
- Disaster Ministries 2018 Summary
- Get the Disaster Updates Newsfeed!
- Disaster Ministries Webinars
- Stories About UCC Congregations & Disaster Response
- UCC Conference Disaster Coordinators Directory
- Video: Disaster Relief Donations that Don't Bring Relief
Connect Via Social Media
Facebook: One Great Hour of Sharing (UCC)