Shaping Our Future
Shaping Our Future, a $4 million campaign, established to support the United Church of Christ’s technology, communications and leadership goals, will provide the monetary resources to position the United Church of Christ as tomorrow’s church today. We will create a bright future that will allow us to come together in God’s love to build the church in new ways.
Why is Shaping our Future so important? Young leaders tell us that healthy churches of today and tomorrow will be:
- Mobilizing forces for good
- Boldly innovative
- United and uniting
To answer God’s call for this work and transform the UCC, we are sharing our work with our conferences, local churches, our congregants, and individuals, like you, who believe in the mission of the UCC. Your financial gift to this campaign will support us in taking the next steps to meet our goals.
- Technology – We will improve and expand our web presence so faith seekers everywhere will be able to find us online and move along a path to connecting with us in person in local churches and digitally via social media.
- Communications –Through news creation and content curation from throughout the denomination, we will share our good news with the world.
- Leadership – We will immerse ministerial and other denominational leaders in training aimed at building skill for collaborative decision making, collective action, and innovative risk-taking
The campaign has made significant progress, reaching $3 million of its target. One notable accomplishment was arriving at the $1 million endowment goal in the early phase of fundraising. Between now and the campaign’s completion in June 2019 we will meet and hopefully exceed the $1 million gap in gifts and commitments. Can we count on your support to shape our shared future? The future of the United Church of Christ and the transformation of its national setting depend on it.
Gifts of Stock
We can work with your broker to arrange a gift of stock. Please follow the instructions below to help facilitate this gift.
1. Send a letter to your broker asking them to initiate the transfer. Click here to download a sample letter with transfer instructions.
2. Send us a copy of the letter to:
Office of Philanthropy, Technology, Identity, and Communications
700 Prospect Ave. 2nd Floor
Cleveland, OH 44115
For more information, please contact Andy DeBraber at 216-736-2168 or firstname.lastname@example.org