Join us for insight from and discussion with two world Communion leaders: Michael Blair, General Secretary of the United Church of Canada and Colleen Geyer, General Secretary for the Uniting Church of Australia. We will ask them about the impact of the US elections on their country, how their clergy and churches are adjusting to the global pandemic, what they are doing to fight racism - and so much more! Come and meet these two remarkable leaders and learn more about our relationships with our United and Uniting partners around the world.
OWL Taking Flight:
Our December topics will include:
- how the Our Whole Lives values intersect with Thursdays In Black and 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence<
- how Our Whole Lives focuses on healthy relationship skills
- Special guests Rev. Dr. Karen Georgia Thompson, UCC Associate General Minister for Wider Church Ministries & Operations and Co-Executive for Global Ministries, and Rebekah Choate, UCC Global Ministries Associate for Global Advocacy and Education.
Bring all you need to, and let’s pray it out together. Lift it up alongside music and hymns in all the ways we can. We will pray and sing and pour out what is needed into the hands of the Great I AM. With the musical gits of Andra Moran and the prayers of Rev. Dr. Chris Davies, join us to gather our hearts and minds for the witness of the divine.
2020 has been a challenging, disruptive year. One result of this upheaval has been a new experience of digital communication and convening, which has the potential to open our congregations or organizations to participation from anyone, anywhere. In this one-hour webinar we will:
- Consider the wide range of online tools resources available
- Identify digital strategies for outreach, engagement, and connection
- Learn about creative connections made in this time of physical distancing<
The Lake Institute on Faith & Giving at IUPUI and OPTIC within the National Setting of the UCC are collaborating to bring you this webinar!
Providing knowledge and skills for congregations in the area of nonprofit administration, this webinar emphasizes strategic communications for development, stewardship, and related planning, management, and leadership activities.
Of broad interest to a wide audience, this webinar is aimed at congregational, judicatory, and UCC agency leadership (clergy and lay).
The final in a series of four, this webinar will be one hour and will include 5 minutes of introduction, 45 minutes of presentation, with 10 minutes reserved for Q&A.
Did you miss the first webinar, Planning the Annual Communications and Development Calendar? Watch the video.
Did you miss the second webinar, Strategic Communications for Mission Advancement? Watch the video.
Musica y Mensajes de Esperanza