HR Services include:
- Works to recruit and retain a diverse staff population
- Investigates complaints of unlawful discrimination on the basis sex, gender-identity, race, religion, color, or national origin; people over 40; people with physical or mental disabilities; and veterans of the US military.
- Assists with the coordination of reasonable and appropriate accommodations for staff persons with documented disabilities.
- Provides guidance to staff regarding policies and procedures
- Communicates the UCC’s commitment to inclusivity and works with a council of dedicated and committed staff to establish diversity programs and initiatives.
- Promotes a culturally diverse and inclusive working and learning environment where current and prospective staff are treated fairly and valued for their individuality.
- Provides mandatory compliance training (i.e., workplace harassment etc.)
- Provides search and screening guidelines to search committees.
What you Need to Know…
- The Workers’ Compensation Program provides benefits to employees who are injured at work during the course and scope of their employment. Benefits may include payment for medical bills and lost wages.
- Coverage is available to full-time, part-time, and temporary employees.
- Coverage is not available for independent contractors.
If you become injured on the job and it is a medical emergency,
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Contact HR to Request an Incident Report
- Complete the Incident Report ASAP and return to HR
If it is a non-medical emergency,
- Contact HR to Request Incident Report
- Complete Incident Report and return to HR
- Seek medical attention if necessary
Suddath® Relocation Systems
Contact: Rhonda Chaney
Stevens Worldwide Van Lines
Contact: Vicki Bierlein
Training programs are offered to all staff and help foster a healthy work environment.
Anti-Racism/Anti-Discrimination Education – through Common Services, an anti-racism education programs is available as follows:
- Orientation for all new employees
- Basic anti-racism education
- Periodic meetings and/or forums/brown bag lunches
This education helps develop knowledge, awareness, and skills related to race.
Preventing Workplace Harassment – this is a required program and it is designed to help employees recognize, prevent, and report any workplace harassment sexual or non-sexual.
Workplace HIV/AIDS Education – through the Health and Wholeness Advocacy office, this program is designed to education employees about the HIV/AIDS and prevention in ways that enable them to work through their fears and prejudices.
Professional Training and Development – All employees are encouraged, in conjunction with their supervisor, to develop and implement a plan for their job-related professional growth. Employees may be provided assistance with registration, tuition fees, and the cost of required materials.
New Employee Orientation – this program is designed to introduce all new hires to the organization and the workplace. This is required for all new staff.
Technology hands-on workshops – ongoing workshops are offered to all staff on computer hardware and software programs regularly used in the workplace. Workshops include basic, intermediate, and advanced training.
Training and development workshops – as scheduled by HR, these workshops are designed to update staff to new benefits as well as to enhance the professional skills of the staff. Includes technical and non-technical related topics and are led by certified specialists and consultants who are highly experienced in their fields.
Workplace Safety Programs – through Common Services, safety training workshops are offered to introduce safety procedures to staff; re-certification training is offered to floor marshals through the American Red Cross.
Main page here: http://www.ucc.org/partners-in-service
This page is not available, please view the following information, or click any of the links in our navigation bar:
- Find Churches Near Me - Progressive, Open and Affirming Denomination.
- Daily Devotional Topics: Daily Scipture Devotional, Devotion For today
- Worship Ways - Daily Inspirational Prayers & Scriptures, Printable Christian Prayers
- Worship Samuel - Sermon Seeds - Free/Printable 15 Minute Sermons, Sermons to Preach
- UCC Ministry Opportunities - Lead & Senior Pastor Jobs, Youth Ministry Jobs and more!
- About United Church of Christ - What We Believe & Statement of Faith