Imagine the excitement! You will join hundreds of UCC youth going out into the communities of Lafayette and West Lafayette, IN to serve as the National Youth Event. Prepare to be transformed. Imagine using what you experience to engage more deeply in your communities.
How do I prepare now for service at NYE?
• Download these waiver froms:
- NYE 2012 Service Project Waiver Form (Required for ALL service project participants)
- NYE 2012 Habitat for Humanity Waiver Form
• Have your parent or legal guardian sign and return the waiver form immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• You can also fax the signed copy to (216)-736-2294.
• Signed forms must be returned no later than July 5 for you to participate in the off-site projects. No form – no participation – sorry.
• On the day of your project, wear clothes that can get dirty and close-toed shoes to the morning plenary session.
• All service project participants must attend a Faith, Service & Justice Orientation prior to departure to our sites.
• Following morning plenary, we’ll move directly to the mandatory orientation located in the Loeb Playhouse on Purdue's campus.
• Following the mandatory orientation, we will board buses and head directly to the project sites.
Lunch is provided.
• Transportation will depart Purdue's campus at approximately 12:15 PM following the mandatory Faith, Service & Justice Orientation.
• Transportation will return to Purdue's campus around 4:30 PM in time for dinner.
When you registered for NYE 2012, you electronically signed a media waiver. We may take photos or video record our service in the community. A brief video summary of our service will be shown during evening worship, Thursday, July 12. Please check out these links to recall the details of the media waiver and safe church policy/covenants for all NYE participants.
• Media Waiver
• All Safe Church Policy Forms/Covenants
• Adult chaperones will accompany all youth registrants to the service sites.
• All service sites will have First Aid response supplies and policies available and in place to host volunteers.
• Please review our Safe Church Policy & Covenants.
UCC Volunteer Ministries & Partners
• Learn how to partner in UCC Volunteer Ministries domestically and abroad. Visit this link: www.ucc.org/volunteer
• Did you know we are partnering with United Way of Greater Lafayette to engage Faith, Service and Justice at NYE2012? Learn more: www.uwlafayette.org
Contact: UCC Volunteer Ministries: email@example.com.
Contact: UCC Ministry for Youth Advocacy & Leadership Formation: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have fun! Share of yourself. Be open to learning and change. Imagine!