- Complete introductory on-line application for Partners in Service available at www.ucc.org/volunteer/volunteer-on-line-application.html or call to request a printed application form at 866 822-8224 ext. 3214 or 3810.
- Application part II will be sent to you. Complete application part II and distribute reference forms by mail or electronically, to be returned directly to Volunteer Ministries Office. All applicants must complete an application, provide references, and be screened according to UCC guidelines to protect against sexual misconduct.
- A telephone interview with the Executive for Volunteer Ministries is conducted once the application and references are complete.
- Additional information on service sites of interest is shared to assist the volunteer in discerning an appropriate placement.
- The Executive for Volunteer Ministries arranges for direct conversation between the project/host site and the volunteer applicant. Although an applicant requests a particular project/host site, the project/host site makes the final decision as to whether or not to invite the applicant. *Some organizations request that the applicant complete a site-specific application.
- All details concerning service, expectations, and benefits are negotiated prior to the beginning of service by the applicant, project/host site, and Volunteer Ministries. Written confirmation is provided by Volunteer Ministries office.
Completed application (parts I & II), including references due at least three months before requested start of service.
Partners in Service Long-Term (9-12 months)
Start Date: September or January
Partners in Service Short-Term (1-8 months)
Start Date: Flexible or Summer
Partners in Service volunteers in a long-term and short-term assignments are placed as applications are received and a good match is discerned.
Questions: Contact Mary Schaller Blaufuss, Executive for Volunteer Ministries at email@example.com or by calling toll-free (866) 822-8224 wz. 3214 or (216) 736-3214.