INTERNATIONAL ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN CHARITIES
Recruiting Volunteers for 2012 Orthodox Action Teams
UCC volunteers welcome for this ecumenical experience.
Contact: U.S. Programs Department of International Orthodox Christian Charties
Phone: 1.877.803.IOCC (1.877.803.4622)
Register Online: www.iocc.org/actionteam
Work Needed: Activities vary depening on location and construction schedules, but can inlcude siding, roofing, framing, landscaping, painting and support.
July 10 - June 16, 2012 - Houston, TX
July 15 - July 21, 2012 - Minneapolis, MN
July 29 - August 4, 2012 - Minneapolis, MN
August 5 - August 11, 2012 - Houston, TX
Arrive Sunday afternoon. Depart Saturday afternoon.
Group Size: Space is limited. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Adult to Youth Ratio: 1:5
Education Components: Preparation for the Trip: "Mission Trips That Matter" by Don C. Richter, Upper Room Books.
On-Site Reflection: "Meeting God in the Ruins: Devotions for Disaster Volunteers" Copies will be provided at group housing site. Additional free copies may be ordered from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in American by calling 800.638.3522 ext. 2580 (ISBN 6-0001-6788-1); pay shipping only.
Follow up Action:
- Help your local community prepare ofr possible disaster and response.
- Encourage your local congregation to develop a plan in case of local disaster (View sample plan.)
- Get to know your UCC Conference Disaster Coordinator and stay involved.
- Engage your group in another mission trip. See UCC Mission Trip Opportunities.
- Apply to be a long-term volunteer. UCC Partners in Service (one month - 12 months)