A Christian Ministry in the National Parks
An Ecumenical Opportunity
Did you watch the PBS Special directed by Ken Burns
The National Parks: American's Best Idea? (http://www.pbs.org/nationalparks/)
Did God's creation in the National Parks awe you? Did the people inspire you?
Want to Get Involved?
A Christian Ministry in the National Parks offers summer opportunities for Young Adults to lead interdenominational worship experiences in the natural sanctuaries of God's creation in the national parks. Summer participants are employed by park concessionaires. You live, work and witness with other summer staff and park visitors from many backgrounds and countries.
The ministry of A Christian Ministry in the National Parks is both formal and informal, involving leadership participation in Sunday worship services held in the park's amphitheaters and lodges, and calling participants to be a Christian witness in daily life and commitments. A blend of work, wilderness and worship mark the hallmark of the ACMNP experience.
Apply On-Line Here
Contact UCC Volunteer Ministries Office email@example.com or
visit the ACMNP website www.acmnp.com for more information
| Seminarians - Check out the possibility of field education credit with your school. |
Did you know...
- ACMNP's first services were held in the bar of Old Faithful Inn, Yellowstone National Park, during th esummer of 1951...
- ACMNP sends an average of 200 volunteers into 28 national parks each summer...
- Over 1,000 Sunday services are offered each summer...
- Approximately 3,500 people attend ACMNP worship services in the national parks each sunday...that's as large as many mega churches...
- Many seminary students receive field education credits for their summer ministry immersion with ACMNP...
- Approximately 30% - 40% of seasonal employees in national parks are international; ACMNP summer volunteers are ambassadors of Christian hospitality on a global scale...
- Our volunteers are recruited from over 100 college campuses, and more than 30 seminaries, in 32 states, and represent more than 30 Christian denominations...
- ACMNP has been a starting point for seminary presidents, military chaplains, pastors, professors, and national park service employees...
- ACMNP represents the complete body of the Christian church by placing Protestant and Roman Catholic volunteers in the parks...
- ACMNP is currently recruiting internationally in order to reflect the growing numbers of international employees and visitors in the national parks...
Rev. Mary Schaller Blaufuss
Team Leader, Global Sharing of Resources
700 Prospect Ave.