(Invitation / Hospitality)
Create or update your website:
- Have you linked to ucc.org or i.ucc.org?
- Do you have a Stillspeaking graphic on your site?
- Play the "Steeples" Ad from your site.
- Make certain that your congregation's information is correct on ucc.org "Find A Church"
- Listen to the recording on your congregation's answering machine:
- Does your message say: “No matter who you are, or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here”?
- Are your fall hours of worship on the message?
- Does your message include directions to your church?
- Is your pastor’s name on the answering machine's message?
- Is there a Stillspeaking Ad in your local paper or on your local radio station?
- Have you placed a Classic_welcome sign in your greeting area?
- Do you have a special "God is Spoken Here" sign for your children's area?
- Are you providing a welcome gift for your guests and practicing hospitality:
- Welcome bags (possible items include):
+ Stillspeaking mug, pen, comma or fortune cookie
+ What’s up with the Comma? Card
+ God is Stillspeaking, What Does that Mean brochure
+ What Matters brochure
+ Your church's brochure
+ Your church's newsletter
+ A church map with classrooms and restrooms marked
- Children and Youth Welcome bags (possible items include):
+ Crayons, pencil, stickers
+ Activity sheets
+ Stillspeaking back to school book marks
+ God's Gifts, My Gifts
+ Brochure on your children and youth programs
- Guest sign in (with emails)
- Name tags
- VIP packets (Visitor Information Packets)
+ Is your church “green”?
+ Is your church “Open and Affirming”?
+ Is your church “Accessible to All” ADA compliant?
+ Is your church “Just Peace”?
+ Is your church "Multiracial/Multicultural" ?
+ What are your church's “mission” projects?
+ What are your church's “fellowship” projects?
+ What are your service opportunities to your community and the world?
- Prepare for rain, arrange to meet guests with umbrellas and walk them from your parking area to the entrance door.
- Send i.ucc.org e-cards inviting your guests to return
- Send UCC e-cards make certain your guests know they are welcome to return.
- Send a welcome letter or postacrd to your visitors.
Offer opportunities for people to contribute to help the UCC have ads available now and in the future.
Use the Acts Bible Study from the Stillspeaking Writers Group.
Use "Weekly Seeds" to engage in a lectionary based Bible study.
Did you get the address of your guests? Make certain that someone from a Stillspeaking visiting team goes to visit them at home.
Continue to use the commercial in worship or in your greeting area.
In the time for children during worship, do the hands motions for "Here is the church" . . . Talk with children about who they consider "all the people."
- Prepare yourselves to be "Stillspeaking People
- Order Are You Ready to Talk About Your Church?
- Use the Stillspeaking Power Point in new member classes.
And, have some fun!