(Invitation / Hospitality)
- Create or update your website:
- Have you linked to ucc.org or i.ucc.org?
- Do you have a Stillspeaking graphic on your site?
- Play the "Steeples" Ad from your site.
- Make certain that your congregation's information is correct on ucc.org "Find A Church"
- Listen to the recording on your congregation's answering machine:
- Does your message say: “No matter who you are, or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here”?
- Are your fall hours of worship on the message?
- Does your message include directions to your church?
- Is your pastor’s name on the answering machine's message?
- Is there a Stillspeaking Ad in your local paper or on your local radio station?
- Are you providing a welcome gift for your guests and practicing hospitality:
- Welcome bags (possible items include):
+ Stillspeaking mug, pen, comma or fortune cookie
+ What’s up with the Comma? Card
+ God is Stillspeaking, What Does that Mean brochure
+ What Matters brochure
+ Your church's brochure
+ Your church's newsletter
+ A church map with classrooms and restrooms marked
- Children and Youth Welcome bags (possible items include):
+ Crayons, pencil, stickers
+ Activity sheets
+ Stillspeaking back to school book marks
+ God's Gifts, My Gifts
+ Brochure on your children and youth programs
- Guest sign in (with emails)
- Name tags
- VIP packets (Visitor Information Packets)
+ Is your church “green”?
+ Is your church “Open and Affirming”?
+ Is your church “Accessible to All” ADA compliant?
+ Is your church “Just Peace”?
+ Is your church "Multiracial/Multicultural" ?
+ What are your church's “mission” projects?
+ What are your church's “fellowship” projects?
+ What are your service opportunities to your community and the world?
- Prepare for rain, arrange to meet guests with umbrellas and walk them from your parking area to the entrance door.
- Send i.ucc.org e-cards
- Send UCC e-cards
- Prepare yourselves to be "Stillspeaking People"
- Order Are You Ready to Talk About Your Church?
And, have some fun!
Rev. Kathryn Matthews Huey
Dean of the Amistad Chapel
700 Prospect Ave.