About the Contest You can enter the My Faith, My World, My Voice video contest by answering this question: How does your faith transform, connect, or touch the world?
Show us by creating an evocative video about how your faith transforms the world.
The video that garners the most votes will earn its creator $5,000 and national recognition on ucc.org.
Eligibility All video entries: - must be made by young adults ages 18-35. - must be 60 seconds or less. The United Church of Christ reserves the right to disqualify videos that are over 60 seconds long
• The entry must be an original video that you produced.
• No copyright music or images can be used without permission. If copyright protected sources are used, contestants must obtain the necessary written permissions or license. The United Church of Christ is not responsible for obtaining copyright permissions. Video entries containing blatant copyright infringement will be rejected.
• The entry can contain stills/photos, graphics, music, text, animation and/or video.
• The video must be family-friendly and appropriate for viewing on ucc.org. The United Church of Christ will disqualify any submissions for profanity and violence. If an entry contains material that is deemed discriminatory or offensive to any group of persons, it will also be disqualified.
• If an entry contains a language other than English, subtitles must be included on the video.
• The video should be submitted only on one of these files: mov (Quicktime), mp4 or m4v.
• All video entries must be uploaded to the secure UCC video contest Dropbox. DVDs and tapes will not be accepted.
• You must submit an online application for your video. After you submit the application you will be directed to a page to upload your video.
• The My Faith, My World, My Voice contest committee will select up to five videos to be posted on YouTube. Viewers will have 7 days to vote for their favorite video. All decisions are final.
What we are looking for Any young adult can enter the contest - especially those who are artistic and have some experience producing videos. We are looking for videos with the following criteria: a dynamic message, high technical quality, and creativity:
Dynamic Message The video must answer the question: How does your faith, transform, connect or touch the world? The message should be presented in an honest and inspiring way.
Technical Quality The video should have high quality video and be skillfully edited. It should not look like an amateur home movie. The audio should be clearly recorded and easy to hear.
Creativity We are looking for compelling viral videos that grab the viewer’s attention and make it impossible for them to stop watching until it’s over. It should also be a video that people would want to share with their friends.
• Entries can be uploaded to the UCC video contest Dropbox after you submit an online application for your video (After you submit the application you will be directed to a page to upload your video). The last day to submit video entries is Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.
• Contestants will be notified the week of December 2, 2013. The top 5 finalists will be notified the second week of January 2014 and voting will commence on January 13, 2014.