Have fun with us as we get to know the people behind the books we love to read . . .
1. What are you reading now?On The Verge by Alan Hirsch and Dave Ferguson
2. Who’s your favorite author? Hard to say. I love so many – Tolkien, CS Lewis, Erwin McManus, Philip Yancey, Leonard Sweet, Disney Imagineers, and so on
3. What’s your favorite book? It honestly depends on the moment. I don’t think I could pick 1 favorite
4. Do you prefer non-fiction or fiction? Though I enjoy fiction, I prefer non-fiction. I gobble up every leadership book I can find.
5. What three things must you always have with you when you write? The only thing I have to have is something with which to capture my thoughts – either my laptop or pen and paper. I’m pretty easy when it comes to my writing needs and environment.
6. Whom do you call family? My wife, Renae, and my two sons – Caleb and Cole. I would consider my church as family, too.
7. What are your hobbies?
Traveling, playing ice hockey, watching sports, coaching youth sports, reading, community theater, samurai sword martial arts (black belts in 2 styles)
8. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate-chip cookie dough – especially from Grater’s
9. What’s your favorite color? Blue
10. What’s your guilty pleasure? The aforementioned ice cream
11. What inspires you? Nature, my sons, seeing lives changed by God
12. If you were not a writer, what would you be?I’m also a pastor and a meteorologist, but if I could pick – a Disney Imagineer
13. What's the best advice you've ever been given? When seeking to understand my call to ministry my Dad said, “If you can do anything else and be happy, you aren’t called.” That’s helped me stay focused on my call through the years.
14. Have you any hidden talents? I played saxophone in several swing big bands and a jazz quartet for many years
15. What was your favorite toy? Same thing it still is – my video gaming system
16. If you won the lottery what would you do with the money? Pay for my boys’ college and give the rest to starting new churches
17. How do you think a friend or a professor who knows you well would describe you? Always into something