Gifts to Basic Support of Our Church's Wider Mission benefit the full range of the United Church of Christ mission across the country and around the globe.
Our faith is 2000 Years old but our thinking is not.
• Because of our belief in a continuing testament, we are attentive to God's creative movement in the world...
• We arrive early on issues of social justice, as evidenced by courageous "firsts" for racial justice, equality for women, and inclusion of gay and lesbian people.
• We prepare leaders who are open to and prepared for ministry in the present and future church.
• We train leaders who grow spiritually, who build up the church, and put their faith into action.
• We embrace and equip new kinds of congregations and new modes of leadership.
No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome here.
• Because we believe in extravagant welcome, we insist that God's table is open, not closed, and God's gift and claim in baptism are irrevocable…
• We demonstrate this through public professions of our identity/purpose: multi-racial, multi-cultural, open and affirming, accessible to all.
• We advocate justice for all as an extension and expression of faith.
• We are open to new ways of being church and forming Christian community.
• We affirm that cultural differences expand our ability to welcome more people.
• We strive to keep our perspective global in our partnership with people of faith around the world.
Never place a period where God has placed a comma.
• Because we believe in transformation, we believe the church's mission is changing lives - individually, systemically and globally...
• We identify, recruit, educate and support leaders who inspire others.
• We support churches and plant new churches as vital places of worship, learning, and justice advocacy.
• We change lives through our global partnerships, missionaries and advocacy.
Thank you for your partnership. Together we are changing lives!
The suggested offering date is Pentecost Sunday, June 4, 2017.
Strengthen the Church (STC) is a special mission offering to reimagine and build the future of the UCC. Shared at the conference and national levels, STC largely supports youth ministries and full-time leaders for new churches in parts of the country where the UCC voice has not been heard.
As God calls our congregations to be the church in new ways, your generosity will plant new churches, awaken new ideas in existing churches and develop the spiritual life in our youth and young adults. Most congregations will receive the STC offering on Pentecost Sunday, June 4, 2017
Promotional items for the 2017 offering
2017 Strengthen The Church Worship Bulletin
2017 Strengthen The Church Poster (Digital Only)
Note: All UCC churches that have given to the Strengthen the Church offering in the past four years should receive a supply of worship bulletins and offering envelopes in their automatic shipment. If you need more of these, please contact UCC Resources at 1.800.537.3394 or order online at uccresources.com.