Through your generous gifts to Neighbors In Need, the United Church of Christ is offering hope to millions of people; we are transforming lives, the nation, and our world. These grants support work for human and civil rights, environmental justice and/or economic justice in one of the following ways:
- Direct Service ($1,000 - $3,000) – provides funding to meet the immediate needs of an individual or group (i.e. food, clothing, utilities).
- Advocacy ($3,001 - $5,000) – offers funding to assist communities who wish to change policy on a state or federal level via an advocacy campaign.
- Grass Top ($5,001 - $10,000) – is a highly competitive tier which seeks to award uniquely innovative programs which can be replicated in other settings.
For Grant Recipients:
If you were a recipient of a Neighbors in Need (NIN) grant, help us inform our members whose contributions to NIN have made your grant possible about how lives have been transformed because of their generosity. Access the reporting form.
Grant Recipients for 2017 by UCC Conference
Northern California Nevada Conference
First Congregational Church of Oakland / Rooted in Love
Building relationships, capacity and reflective practice of restorative and transformative care in faith communities of Alameda County
- Shadow Rock UCC Sanctuary Action Team - Hope Station
Southern California Nevada Conference
Central Atlantic Conference
- Virginians Organized for Interfaith Community Engagement (VOICE)/Leadership Training in Civic Engagement and Organizing
- MicroBanking for Baltimore
- Hands On Hartford / Faces of Homelessness (FOH)
- First Congregational Church of New London - Urban Outreach Project
- UCC of St Augustine / Unity Enabled Day Camp
- First United Church of Christ of Tampa
- First United Church of Christ of Tampa Hispanic Ministry
- Friedens UCC / Weekenders Food Pack Ministry
- Blessings in a Backpack - Elkhorn Valley Schools
- Plymouth Settlement House - Youth Homeless Shelter
- First Parish Church of Newbury Community Food Pantry
- South Congregational Church / Pioneer Valley Project - Springfield Interfaith Sanctuary and Solidarity Project
Hadwen park Congregational Church, UCC - LGBT Asylum Task Force
Multi-family home for LGBT persons seeking asylum in the U.S. due to persecution in their native country.
- Lakota YouthStay
- World Voices
Missouri Mid-South Conference
Community Congregational UCC
Scholarships for summer camp at Camp Minanagish
New York Conference
South Central Conference
- Slumber Falls Camp / Twill Do Accessibility Project
- Friends Congregational Chruch / Interfatih Network: Building Sanctuary
- MOLO Village CDC - Restored Village Recovery & Reentry Program
- Oyster River Community Read: Addressing Racial Justice through Learning Together
- Alfred S. Forrest Elementary School Summer Enrichment Program
John Dorhauer Orlando Shooting News Conference
John Dorhauer Statement on Belgium Terrorist Attack
Dorhauer on Why the United Church of Christ
Dorhauer on Strengthening Partnerships
A Dorhauer interview.. Biggest challenge, Surprise, Greatest Joy of being GMP
Religious leaders react to Trump's orders on visitors and refugees
Religious leaders, groups are appalled by Trump's immigration orders
Not a Difference of Degree but of Category
Justice in the Era of Private Prisons
Faith groups called on the Department of Homeland Security to end use of private prisons
Racial Justice will be top priority for new prez of the United Church of Christ
Christian Right Is Wrong About Religious Freedom
Dorhauer officiates Arizona’s first same-sex wedding
An Open Letter to White Men in America
Speaking Engagement Request Form
Please submit this form to request availability for John Dorhauer to be present at your event.
The following photos of Rev. Dorhauer are available for distribution:
To download right click "Save As."
If you are a member of the press and would like to schedule an interview with Rev. John Dorhauer, please contact:
Connie Larkman, News Director
For all other inquiries, please contact:
Donyale Copeland, Executive Assistant, Office of the General Minister and President
Financial Assistant, Justice & Witness Ministries
700 Prospect Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44115