2016 Yearbook & Directory Statistics (based on annual reports)
2016 Eleven Year Conference Reports
Kansas - Oklahoma
Montana, Northern Wyoming
Missouri Mid - South
2015 Yearbook & Directory Statistics (based on annual reports)
2015 Eleven Year Conference Reports
2014 Yearbook & Directory Statistics (based on annual reports)
2014 Eleven Year Conference Reports
Illuminating the past, realizing the present, and envisioning the future
We are a church-wide resource whose task is to gather, provide, and interpret information and trends for the purpose of illuminating the past, realizing the present, and envisioning the future of the United Church of Christ in the larger context.
In our roles, we:
- Collect, analyze, maintain and report data for wider church use
- Determine data and assessment needs
- Develop the annual UCC Yearbook and Directory, as well as the online resource, Access UCC
- Work collaboratively across all settings of the UCC to analyze trends and produce relevant up-to-date information for vital ministry
Associate Director, CARD
700 Prospect Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44115
Visit the Archived Reports page for earlier statistical profiles.
- FACTs on Change and Adaptation
- FACTs on Christian Education/Faith Formation
- FACTs on Congregations and their Settings
- FACTs on Financial Stability
- FACTs on Growing Congregations
- FACTs on Ministerial Leadership
- FACTs on Mission, Identity, and Outreach
- FACTs on Smaller Congregations
- FACTs on Technology and Social Media
- FACTs on Worship
- FACTs on Young Adult Ministry
- Watch the webinar here: FACTS on UCC Congregations: Findings from the 2015 Faith Communities Today National Survey of Congregations
2017 Yearbook & Directory Statistics
(based on annual reports)
2017 Eleven Year History Reports
The UCC Data Hub is the denominational, web-based database that contains all records for UCC congregations and authorized ministers. The database is managed by CARD and is used by conferences, associations, and local churches to provide directory and statistical information for the printed Yearbook, Access UCC, and Find A Church.
If you are authorized to access information in the Data Hub and need an account created, please send an email to Destiny Hisey, CARD Associate Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Kristina Lizardy-Hajbi, CARD Director, at email@example.com.
The Data Hub Kick-Off Webinar
This video provides an overview of the enhancements being made to the Data Hub and the overall goals of this upgrade.
Data Hub Tip Sheet
(A compilation of frequently asked questions - including tips to help you navigate the system.)
Data Hub Reports - Best Practice Guide
(A helpful guide to assist in navigating the Data Hub Reports)
WebEx Data Hub Training Video
(MANDATORY: Conference and Association staff must review this training prior to receiving access to the Data Hub.
This video provides an overall training on how to navigate and utilize the new features within the Data Hub.)
Data Hub Video Tutorials
How to Utilize the Group Management Function (New!)
(A walk through on how to create a group, add members to the group, and maintaining group records.)
The Professional Development/Training Tab (New!)
(Explains how to add, maintain, and track training/development sessions as needed.)
Adding Conference Information to the Conference Tab
(Provides a tutorial on how to update your conference and association contact information.)
How to Add a New Church
(A tutorial on how to avoid adding duplicate church records, as well as add a new church to the Data Hub.)
How to Update the Church Contact Information
(A step by step video on how to update the church contact information properly so that it may be found on the Find A Church website.)
How to Add a New Person
(A tutorial on how to avoid adding duplicate people records, as well as add a new person to the Data Hub.)
How to Add and Remove a Person from a Church
(A walk through of how to add/remove a person called to serve in various ministry settings.)
How to complete a Deceased Minister's Necrology Record
(A step by step tutorial on how to complete a deceased minister's record in the Data Hub. This process ensures a minister will be recognized in the Yearbook and Directory and Access UCC.)
How to Generate Conference and Association Reports
(Provides instructions on how to filter data in order to generate, as well as export data reports.)
How to Generate a Monthly Changes Report
(A demonstration of how to access and utilize the Monthly Changes Report for People and Churches.)
How to Smart Search for a Church
(A guide on how to use the smart search function when looking for a church record.)
How to Smart Search for a Person
(A guide on how to use the smart search function when looking for a person's record.)
How to Transfer a People Record
(A detailed walk through on the best practices for how to correctly transfer a people record from one Conference/Association to another.)
How to use the Data Hub as a Viewer
(An overview of the Data Hub features available to those with viewer privileges.)
Updating a Member in Discernment
(How to update an individual record with Member in Discernment status.)
Updating the Specialized Ministry Tab and Specialty Code for a Minister
(Provides instructions on how and when to update the specialized ministry tab. Also, instructions for updating the specialty code for a minister.)
Data Hub Information Sheets
The Necrology Guide (Updated!)
How many churches and members do we have in the United Church of Christ?
- As of December 31, 2016 we have 5,000 congregations and 880,383 members in the United States.
What is the average church size within the UCC?
- The average church size is 176 members.
What is the average worship attendance within the UCC?
- The average worship attendance size is 71.
What is a church merger?
- A church merger is when two (2) or more churches close and become one (1) new UCC church.
Where can I learn more about (OCWM) Our Church's Wider Mission?
- You can learn more here: Our Church's Wider Mission.
Where can I get a 501c3 letter for my church?
- You'll need to contact Ann Kiernozek by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I call you and get a minister’s contact information?
- No, we do not share contact information. Please order a Yearbook and Directory or subscribe to Access UCC, and they may be listed there.
I'm looking for my great great grandmother's wedding certificate. The church no longer exists. Can you help locate the information?
- No. If the congregation is now closed, you may have luck contacting the conference office where the congregation is/was located.
Can you help me find a copy of my baptism certificate?
- We do not maintain individual church baptism records. Please contact the congregation where the baptism was performed. If this congregation is now closed, you will have to contact the conference where the congregation is/was located.
Can you help me find a UCC congregation in my area?
- Yes! Please visit our Find a Church page, which displays a searchable map of UCC congregations across the country.
Can you create a demographic report for me?
- No, we do not create demographic reports for particular geographic areas. However, many conferences use MissionInsite (http://missioninsite.com) to access comprehensive community profiles and local religious information for shaping mission and ministry. Please contact your conference to find out if they use this vital church resource or to encourage them to use this resource. You can learn more about the program and access resources and training information here.