A Stewardship Timeline
By Mark Suriano, pastor
Old South United Church of Christ
Four Weeks prior
• Kickoff mailing to congregation utilizing theme letterhead mailed on the Monday before the first of the theme Sundays.
Three Theme Sundays prior
• Theme oriented worship materials, worship folders, and inserts
• Special music to tie all three Sundays together
• One bulletin insert per Sunday
Monday before Stewardship Sunday
• Letter focused on Sunday’s celebration sent out with reminder to bring the completed pledge cards
• Acknowledgement Letters thanking people for their gifts with notation of pledged amounts.
• Follow up Letters to non-pledgers allowing several weeks more for pledges to come in
• Announce pledging progress and goal at worship
• Have materials ready for those who have not yet pledged
Second Sunday following
• End of the formal Stewardship Campaign
• Begin processing results with body responsible for budget
• Prepare Final budget ready for annual/budget meeting and approval
This timeline in word format
Rev. Kathryn Matthews Huey
Dean of the Amistad Chapel
700 Prospect Ave.