"Reviving Hope" aims to inspire using song, story, art, and study to engage in transformational conversations about race and racial justice. This revival will provide an opportunity for deeper learning about racial equity while also helping to make new connections for justice work.
- Ex Fabula will help us learn to tell our stories.
- Dr. Abe of World House Music will teach us new songs.
- Dr. Velda Love from the Justice Witness Ministries of the United Church of Christ will deepen our understanding of race.
- Rhonda Hill of Race and Faith will connect art and justice.
- Workshops for youth and young adults will focus on Hip Hop and Social Change, Know Your Rights, and DACA and the Importance of Immigration Reform.
- The day will begin with an inspiring worship service with interfaith leaders.
Want to host your own Justice Revival?
What it is: Over the past several years, Justice and Witness Ministries has supported local churches in the creation of “justice revivals.” These revivals have been opportunities to be inspired by preaching and informed by workshops and training all through the lens of justice. So far, revivals have been hosted in Vancouver, WA and Milwaukee, WI. Rev. Andrew Warner, who is pastor of Plymouth Church in Milwaukee, has captured his planning process and put it into a toolkit for others to use as a model.
How to use it: Use this event as a way to spark a revival of justice work in your local church or conference. Download the Revival Manual and consider how such an event could be held in your community. Reach out to Justice and Witness Ministries for support, and inform your local conference office for help with planning or promotion.
2717 E Hampshire St
Milwaukee, WI 53211
Google map and directions