Become an OGHS Ambassador today!
Join an amazing group of teens who are excited about helping others.
One Great Hour of Sharing® (OGHS) Ambassadors agree to:
- Learn about the OGHS offering.
- Promote the offering in your own congregation.
- Connect the offering to ways your church is already responding to the needs of others.
- Meet youth and adults beyond your own congregation.
- Get involved in the wider church.
- Work with UCC national staff.
Working with your church or youth leader, we will help expose OGHS Ambassadors to multiple ways of being church, both in and out of the building walls, through:
- Providing a live training event on Sunday, November 22 at 1:00pm or 4:00pm eastern time. Youth will get to meet each other around the country as well as UCC national staff through Vidyo technology. Information from these sessions will be available from Rev. Phyllis Richards email@example.com for youth who are unable to attend.
- Equipping youth the promote OGHS in worship and among groups and individuals in their own congregation prior to the suggested offering date of March 6, 2016.
- Preparing youth to promote OGHS in worship and among groups and individuals in neighboring congregations that can be selected by the church/youth leader or by our national staff during February and March 2016. UCC staff will initiate contact with the other congregation(s) to arrange for an invitation to share OGHS with them.
- Recognizing the Ambassadors on the OGHS Facebook, Twitter Pages, and through possible news stories resulting from participation in the OGHS Ambassador initiative.
The OGHS Team is eager to assist you in planning your personal OGHS Ambassador strategy. We can provide direction to make participation a breeze, as we provide tips for promotion, connect participants to the materials, share ideas, and help participants discover "their own why" for connecting with the wider church and world. This experience is designed to help youth get more involved in mission.
When we share our resources, including our voice and oit really does change lives!
To join, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org saying sign me up.