November 15, 2012
DAILY GIVING DEVOTION
• At a time appropriate for your household, read the scripture for One Great Hour of Sharing, 2 Corinthians 9:6-15.
• Invite each member of the household to describe one instance of how they have shared with someone else since the last daily giving devotion.
• Read the day’s entry in the sharing calendar. Discuss the situation and its relationship to your household.
• Consider your contribution for the day, and add it to your offering box.
• Pray for the people and situations highlighted in the sharing calendar, and for the people you will meet in the coming hours: Thank you, O God, for the joy of being loved by you and for the blessings we have received. [Each member of the household names at least two.] Thank you for walking with us, each step, when we have gone through hard times. May our gifts to One Great Hour of Sharing be a visible reminder of your presence and bring joy to each person the offering will help. We pray especially today for [the day’s highlighted group]. May the sharing of our abundant blessings bless their lives and help make your joy complete. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
• Remember to take your offering box to church on the day when the One Great Hour of Sharing offering is given.
Click here to get your copy of the Sharing Calendar (Color) to help focus your time of reflection.
Click here to get your copy of the Sharing Calendar (B&W) to help focus your time of reflection.
Sources: Church World Service, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Measure of American, The New York Times, UNHCR, UNICEF,
Ms. Phyllis Y. Richards
Program Associate, Global Sharing of Resources
700 Prospect Ave.