What can a conference or association do to increase new churches in the UCC?
• Study, discuss, pray and plan for new church planting.
• Develop and adopt a Comprehensive Plan for New Church Development that includes recruiting, assessing, training and coaching new church planters; congregational multiplication, and welcome of affiliating congregations.
• Adopt the Now is the Time Kairos Document Goal of increasing new church development toward goal of 3% of total conference congregations by 2021.
• Designate a Conference Staff person with responsibility and time for New Church Development
• Raise funds for new church development through: Strengthen the Church Special Offering, New Church Development funds in your Conference, and the New Church Challenge Fund.
• Become a Church Planting Conference. Plant new congregations.
• Work with other conferences in region to resource new church development. (Here is a sample "Steps for Assessmen Tool" used by the Southest Conference).
From the Illinois Conference
2010 LEEAPers evaluation form
LEEAP- 2010 Funding Application
STC-2009 Application Form