New Church Training
At the core of our national church development strategy is the intentional training of pastors for new church development. Our experience has taught us that both clergy and seminarians benefit from courses in evangelism, marketing, technology and self care to name a few. A critical component of our strategy is the New Church Leadership Institute, open to seminary students and UCC authorized ministers working with new churches. This Institute gathers potential and practicing new church developers for one week during the year for an intensive training in the latest tools and theories for evangelism and church planting. The instructors for the courses are seminary professors or seminary trained consultants who specialize in leadership development and coaching. In partnership with Lancaster Theological Seminary, these courses are offered for graduate level credit as well as continuing education credit. The following areas are covered in our training:
- Developing a foundational theological framework for evangelical ministry with social justice values as evidenced by coursework, readings and presentations,
- Understand the basics of developing new churches in dynamic, multi-racial, multi-ethnic environments as evidenced by course project or paper,
- Understand and apply a framework for organizational strategic leadership,
- Increase their personal strategic leadership effectiveness in three key areas: thinking strategically, spotting opportunities in alignment with the strategy, and influencing others' commitment to long-range visions and objectives,
- Strengthen their personal spiritual practices so as to encourage an articulate, passionate faith experience while deterring long-term burn out.
- Determine how to enhance the learning processes necessary for effective strategy making and strategy implementation within their churches in the future.
The NCLI was held from August 4-7, 2009 in Atlanta, GA.
Here are some of the important resources from our 2008 event:
Below are some resources from our 2007 event:
If you have any questions about this Institute, contact Rev. Cameron Trimble at email@example.com.
New Church Leadership Training - 2007
New Church Leadership Training - 2008
Rev. David C. Schoen
Minister and Team Leader, Congregational Assessment, Support & Advancement (CASA)
700 Prospect Ave.