Resources for COMs on the Ministry Issues Pronouncement (General Synod 25)
From the work of the Ministry Issues Implementation Committee in 2009, the following materials were developed to help Committees on Ministry explore the 2005 Pronouncement and the 2009 Draft 3.1. These materials are designed as two-hour workshops or as educational pieces for committee members to read in advance of their work with Members in Discernment.
- Assessing Knowledge and Skills
- Local Churches
- Ministry of COMs
- Personal and Professional Formation
- Regional Programs
- Seminary Programs
Using the Marks
The Committee on Ministry Toolkit
The COM Toolkit is for use by persons such as Conference and Association staff or others who provide committee leadership and are involved in the training and orientation of Committee on the Ministry members. The Toolkit is also helpful to committee members engaged in individual study in order to gain a more in-depth understanding of committee members' roles. The purpose of the Toolkit is to:
- Provide a comprehensive tool for the orientation and training of new and renewing Committee on the Ministry members;
- Assist committee members in their individual efforts to understand the scope and breath of the ministry they have been called to in and on behalf of the church;
- Offer an interactive resource that engages participants in a variety of activities to introduce and broaden committee members' knowledge and understanding of the ministry they are called to perform, in and on behalf of the United Church of Christ.
The Toolkit consists of four key components:
- PowerPoint Presentation consisting of 115 color slides with commentary;
- Presentation Leader's Guide for use with the PowerPoint presentation;
- Facilitator Resource with detailed information on each of the eight units;
- Committee Handouts for each unit.
As you consider the most productive use of this resource with your committee(s), we recommend that you consider using the Committee on the Ministry Toolkit in the following ways:
- Retreat settings that enable a complete overview of the resource and allow for in-depth committee discussion about the total work of the committee;
- Regularly scheduled meetings of the committee where you can engage the committee in discussion of one (or more) aspects of the work. The material is arranged in units making it easier to focus on particular aspects of your work in manageable sessions.
- Immediate resource in response to questions about any aspect of committee work.
UCC Resources - Formula of Agreement
UCC Resources - Guidelines for Resourcing
UCC Resources - Interim Ministry Guide
UCC Resources - Manual on Church (MOC)
UCC Resources - MOC Discussion
UCC Resources - MOC Feedback
UCC Resources - Manual on Ministry - Table of Contents (MOM)
UCC Resources - MOM Section One
UCC Resources - MOM Section Two
UCC Resources - MOM Section Three
UCC Resources - MOM Section Four
UCC Resources - MOM Section Five
UCC Resources - MOM Section Six
UCC Resources - MOM Section Seven
UCC Resources - MOM Section Eight
UCC Resources - MOM Section Nine
UCC Resources - MOM Section Ten
UCC Constitution and Bylaws