The Committee on Families and Children of the National Council of Churches is one place where the United Church of Christ works for justice for children. With guidance from this ecumenical committee, the 2004 National Council of Churches General Assembly passed a comprehensive policy statement, The Church and Children: Vision and Goals for the 21st Century, that calls churches in the member communions of the NCC to encourage faith communities to
- include children in their full worship life;
- support loving and safe families;
- advocate for access to excellent public education, health care, economic security;
- work for a violence-free society that is emotionally and physically safe; and
- nurture healthy child development by ensuring that all children have access to the arts, culture and recreation.
The NCC's Committee for Justice for Children and their Families has created a Study Guide to help members of congregations explore the implications of the 2004 policy statement.
The United Church of Christ has also been active in the NCC's Committee on Public Education and Literacy. Here are justice resources created by that committee.
Also, you'll want to check out resources from the National Council of Churches Poverty Initiative.