Want to learn more about becoming a Justice LED Trainer? Read below about expectations for Trainers.
| Expectations of Justice LED Trainers
A Trainer of Local Church Facilitators Trainers will work in teams of two whenever possible. Trainers are contacted when local churches or other ministry groups are planning a facilitator training for people who will be using Justice LED resource in their ministries. Coordinating and communicating these trainings with Conferences and Associations is expected.
Have you heard?
"The justice LED training, resurrected the Spirit of why. . . Why we must be about God's call to be in solidarity with all of God's children. Wonderfully crafted and not just another boring workshop, but an opportunity for folks to bear their innermost desires, flaws and gifts, truly equipping us to 'go out and do likewise.'"
An Advocate and Spokesperson
Trainers will make presentations and offer informational workshops for ministers, religious educators, congregations, Associations and/or Conferences and other groups on the Justice LED Training Program. They will seek opportunities within denominational structures to promote the program.
Selection Criteria for Trainers
- a commitment to theologically-based justice training
- experience in justice advocacy
- appreciation for the place of justice faith formation as a social change and justice ministries approach
- a willingness to affirm the Justice LED program goals, values, and philosophy
- familiarity with the work of UCC Justice and Witness Ministries
- group process/leadership/facilitation skills
- an understanding and appreciation of the United Church of Christ and its historic commitments to justice and peace
- a moral and ethical understanding of their own positions and of the development of others' viewpoints
- an understanding of human development
- an ability to create a safe, engaging learning environment
- a demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- an understanding, appreciation and celebration of diversity of race, culture, age, ability, sexual orientation and gender identity
- the ability to help identify and screen out inappropriate facilitators for the Justice LED training
The next anticipated Regional Trainer certifying event is in early 2014; watch for details!
What's the Word?
"Until I underwent the training for Justice LED, I considered myself a champion of justice. My transformation was so life altering, I have become infused with a new frenzy to be the justice for others I seek to champion for myself."
-- Dian Griffin Jackson
What is the cost of the training?
Justice & Witness Ministries will subsidize as much of the cost of the trainings as possible. Local churches and/or Conferences may also be asked to help with some of the costs, especially when travel costs to the trainings are higher because of the geographical region.
Interested but not ready to apply? Contact Kelly Burd for more info.
Back to Justice LED
Rev. Kelly Jean Burd
Minister for Leadership Development
700 Prospect Ave.