2012 International Day of Prayers for Peace
- May Peace prevail around the world!
- God, today I pray for peace... within myself, my family, my home community and within our world. We seek your guidance daily and ask that your will be done among us, and not our own. May we all find the Peace that passes all understanding today and every day. Amen
- Dear God, We your people, your blessed creations who have been fashioned in your image, have been doing a really bad job lately getting along with each other. We need you, by whatever name you are worshipped and honored, to fill our hearts with love, with forgiveness, with understanding. Peace will only come with justice for every child, for every woman and man. So fill us with the strength to seek peace, to do justice, and to walk humbly and reverently with you. Amen.
- May the living Spirit of the Prince of Peace prevail in the human family. Amen.
- Good Lord, Prince of Peace Rain down your blessings on your people and especially those who are involved in physical conflict such as war. Be with those who are so captured by violence as the only way to proceed.
- I share my prayers for peace throughout this world, and I pray for all the leaders of this world, to heed the word of GOD almighty, and to fight for peace, truth and justice, and to make good decisions that benefit all of mankind.
- Creator God, for all the warring madness of the world and in our hearts, have mercy on us. Amen
- Loving and just God-I join with others around the world lifting up prayers for world peace. I pray that all of your people on this earth will look beyond their individual prejudices and begin to see and love one another as brothers and sisters and as creatures of your Great Creation.
- May the God of all grant us peace and a willingness to live without hate.
- Wage Peace. Help ME to be Christlike.
- Dear Heavenly Father, today we pray for "peace that passeth" understanding and not just the absence of war and violence even in our own backyards. With much thanksgiving for our lives, we seek forgiveness of our sins so we may be worthy of your love through Jesus Christ our Lord in whose name we humbly pray. Amen.
- Lord, I pray that as Christians and UCC members you will guide us as a faith community to each use our gifts to help the goal of peace become a possibility in our time.
- I Affirm a world more aware of the goodness go God. I affirm a world living in peace.
- Please Lord guide people in toleration and to seek out help if they are mental or emotional problems.
- "let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me"
- As followers of Christ, whom we call the Prince of Peace, we pray for peace in the World - in all its forms, and in everyone's lives. Amen.
- I prayer that not only will the bullets cease but that in all hearts and minds the dignity that is God given to all creation will bring justice in our world. Shalom.
- Dear God, you have taught us a new way to live by not pursuing violence to end violence. Give us the faith needed to trust in your Spirit to give us courage to fight evil with love - even love of our enemies. Rid the evil within ourselves so we can approach you in innocence and calm. Convert our hatred into a burning desire to make our enemies our friends, realizing that even as they are enemies, so are we. Stop us from fighting you as we fight them. Help us to love you and them. By grace this can happen and not by our own strength. Jesus is our model, our helper and the one we follow. In his name. Amen.
- Dear God, I ask that you bless the Whole World, No Exceptions. The blessing of peace is my most urgent prayer, from the individuals in every family, through the communities, through neighboring countries, and in the whole of Earth.
- May we learn to listen to one another and to love one another as we would hope to be loved. May we be the peace we long to see in our wounded world this day and every day. Amen.
- I pray that God's love is made real in all the hearts of the battered and embittered; in the minds of all who control the paths to peace; in the work of the blessed peacemakers that can- and, one day, will end violence forever. I pray that tears cease to fall; that bombs cease to fall; that love wins; that all recognize peace as a cornerstone of the establishment of God's family we are all a part of, not an ideal nor a rarity. Thanks be to God.
- May God open our eyes to interconnectedness of all of creation that we may see the unity with which creation was formed. May we see the creator in all we behold.
- Dear Lord, I ask you to instill in the hearts of all men and women throughout the world to stop the killing and start the dialogue toward a world of peace. I also ask that our US wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan (the judicial execution by drones) be brought to an end. Too many innocent children, women and men are being killed, injured and forced from their homes today in the quest for power and resources. I also ask that those in a war zone have our prayers so that they can find the strength to find food, water and safe shelter. Amen
- Lord, make us instruments of your peace... instruments like surgery knives to remove violence and anger, instruments like strings and horns to sound notes of harmony amid the noise of discord... Yes, Lord, make us instrumental as your peacemakers, beloved children of God. Amen.
- May the individuals, known and unknown, who stand in the crossfire of this world's misunderstandings and misinterpretations, be sustained in their personal struggles and witness for a nonviolent world.
- For the victims of violence around the world
- May our efforts for justice, be our pathway to peace!
- May we remember our hopes and actions to bring about mutual understanding and harmony as we celebrate this year's International Day of Peace.
- We thousands are praying today for peace. Violence is all around us. Images of violence, intolerance and extremism surround us and all too many people experience violence first hand. Many of our churches and communities have recently been shaken by school shootings and the attack on the Sikhs. Many of our families are strained by domestic violence or continue to bear the brunt of the decade long war in Afghanistan. Around the world, we see countries like Libya, Syria, Colombia, and elsewhere experiencing extreme violence and in need our support and prayers. We need a ceasefire a temporary peace that may grow into a lasting peace. Thank you...
- Work and organize to achieve peace, we need to decrease the defense budget and learn diplomacy before creating conflict.
- O God of all goodnesss, peace and justice In the midst of all the evil, war and violence, gross injustices around us, Help us to hold on to your vision of goodness, peace and justice. Illumine our hearts that we may be on fire with the flames of goodness and truth, so that our feet may walk in the path of peace that you have laid before us, that our lives may show forth the manifestations of peace and right relations with all the people in acts of justice and right relations, thereby making real the love of God that is experienced in all that we do and say, through Jesus Christ, our Savior....Amen
- Praying we recognize our humanity and sharing a small planet together in peace. Be with us as we work for it.
- I pray for justice. I pray that "all may be one" believing in a God who gives us peace in our hearts and actions beyond our understanding. I pray that an understanding of justice is a "public" statement of love. Peace is given to each of us to use even more clearly for justice. Amen
- I pray for world peace. That we can all respect each other and work together.
- Almighty God, beginning and end of all that there is, I join the prayers of all peoples, seeking your power to make real the vision of which the prophet speaks: "The wolf will live with the lamb..." Strengthen us to live and speak your vision of Shalom, speaking it faithfully. Living it in the hope made known to us in our Lord Jesus. Maranatha! Amen!
- May the people of our communities and our world learn to see themselves as sisters and brothers, and may we learn to treat one another with gentleness, patience, and love.
- When our children watch the actions of adults in this country and around the world. We don't just need one day of prayer. We need to be in constant prayer every day for peace around the world, and let it begin with me. Thank you.
- I thank you, O God, for all that you are doing that is transforming the militarism of this country into more peaceful and life giving way, for helping us to find healing ways to bring peace to returning combatants who carry with them the internal and external scars of war, for showing us how we can turn machines of war and those who build them into peaceful machines and sustainable livelihoods and for walking with all those who are peacemakers in any way. May it always be so.
- I pray for the day when no child in the world needs to wake up or go to bed fearful for his or her life. I pray that we will be so moved by the children that we will work ceaselessly until we can give them all a safe and peaceful world. Let's begin now.
- Lord of many faiths, nations and diverse communities. Hear our laminations for peace. Heal our war weary souls. Uplift and illumine the best of what can unite us for peace within ourselves, our families, our communities, our nations and our world. Help elect wiser leaders who are bound
- God of All-- May we live into the words of the hymn: Peace is flowing like a river Flowing out through you and me Flowing out into the desert Setting all the captives free. Amen.
- Lord, make me an instrument of your peace! Amen
- I pray that a ceasefire would take place all over this globe that would be continuous, not just for one day , one week, one month, one year. The senseless killing that is going on all over the world is so against the teachings of Jesus and God. Every person needs to examine his or her own heart and mind and make a difference for good, for justice, peace and equality for every human being.
- I pray that everyone, of every religion, remember the teachings of their faith to love everyone - for it is in every faith. Forget the hatred and look for the good in others. Love - love - love!!! The Creator of this world, whatever we call him, loves all the creatures on earth - we must do the same.
- Lord, make ME an instrument of YOUR PEACE...
- Let it begin with me, O God. Help me to be more patient; help me to realize that there can be no peace without justice. Help me to be a peacemaker by word AND deed. Heal brokenness, Redeeming God, and enable all God's people to bring about a greater sense of community, shalom & salaam, with each other and with Creation. Amen.
- Loving and peaceful God, I pray that the mighty wind of the Holy Spirit will infuse ALL of your people with a new zeal for peace and justice so that no person will have to struggle to attain the abundant life you desire for us. Forgive us for failing and give us wisdom to find ways of doing peace and justice now and into the future.
- Lord, please lift from us all the burdens of greed and materialism and envy that so overwhelm and disable us, in our journey toward YOUR selfless loving spirit. Protect us all, your children and all your creatures, in the shelter of your wings, and lead us to YOUR peace. In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
- May peace prevail all over the world, and may love and respect of our fellow men and women predominate. Life is God's gift, Live it wisely. Bernice Bass Atlanta, Georgia
- May the spirit move the hearts and minds of all to be open to being together without violence.
- Tom Paxton wrote the song, "Peace," some years back and it has been a prayer of mine, so on the 21st I will sing: Peace Peace will Peace will come Let it begin with me We need Peace Let it begin with me Oh my own life is all I can hope to control Oh let my life be lived for the good good of my soul Let it bring Peace Sweet Peace Peace will come Let it begin with me
- Heavenly Father I pray for peace throughout your world. I pray for peace amongst all your people. May all faiths respect each other and live in peace. May your love shine through each one of us and your grace be upon us. In Jesus name. Amen
- I pray for just peace between all warring and quarrelling factions, especially between those using the Divine One as justification for prejudice and violence. Amen.
- Prayers for peace, genuine and God inspired peace, should be held throughout the world for the riches of Earth and inhabitants are there to honor Her blessing for hopes of ends of wars and aggression on this day. Intolerable acts of aggression are counter to Gods plan of the earth, to exist in harmony with one another, and substantial progress made through the honored venues of peace keepers, in silent prayer, and in action of a World Peace Day declared on this day...in prayer without ceasing.
- My prayer is small and huge. I pray that those who would lead our nation would realize we all live in one world and each of us carries a piece of the puzzle of peace. Perhaps in toning down the rhetoric of divisiveness of us/them, we could hear that God is creator of all and intends that those who are called by God's name would humble themselves to dwell in peace with their sisters and brothers. Amen.
- Peace between persons: of different Faiths different nations " races " political parties " loyalties
- In the name of love for all people, I pray for peace.
- Lord God, We know that you care about the suffering of all people affected by violence. Open our hearts to hear your voice that we may make a difference toward peace.
- May the God of all of us provide peace, harmony, love and tranquility to all the peoples of this earth. Oh, Holy One, help us to be worthy of your grace as we struggle to make sense of the violence surrounding us and let our hearts, minds and souls of all people, become one in your presence. Amen.
- May God hear all who lift up prayers for peace in this world of anxiety and fear and violence. May God bring peace to hearts heavy with anger. And may we all teach our children patience, compassion, love, and non-violence.
- The main purpose of the higher consciousness is peace. If each human being is therefore, connected to that consciousness, then, let us join yourself and realize peace comes from inside then to the world as a whole.
- I invite us all to pray for the beautiful silence of peace that will accompany a laying down of all armaments
- May loving kindness be the mantra in our hearts for one another and for this earth and all its inhabitants.
- Prayers of peace for Syria and for many other places where terrorism takes place.
- May we, your children, listen for your still-speaking voice. May we hear and respond to your call for peace among nations, for peace within our communities and within our homes. Bless us with your grace as we yearn for a world at peace.
- I pray that the people of this world try harder to end the divisions that cause so much misery in our broken world. I pray for the peace of Christ to be with ALL of God's children.
- Dear Lord, I pray that people every where may learn that your love surpasses all. May your love and peace come into all of our hearts, that we may know and understand each other. And with that understanding love, and with love there is no violence. in Jesus' name, Amen.
- War is Not the Answer. Turn away from violence, those who promote it, and those who condone it.
- A prayer for peace so that the world will know that there is a way to get through a day without violence. Perhaps then people will realize that peace is a lot more in line with God than the continuing violence that surrounds us all.
- I pray for the end of war and violence. War is Not the Answer.
- God of all peoples of the earth, help us know the ways to love as we wish to be loved and may we actively bring the energy and behaviors that produce a peaceful world. Amen
- Lord on this and every day I pray for your peace to reign in this world. I pray for the peace of Jerusalem and the country of Israel. Father bless and protect this country, bless and protect our churches, homes and families. Pour your peace in our hearts and minds. Give us Godly wisdom for every choice we must make. Replace our fear with your perfect love. I pray for restoration of families. Clothe us in your righteousness. In Jesus Name, Amen
- Prayer for United Nations International Day of Peace God, who never teaches to the test, help me embrace your requirement as an invitation to community -- that I may do just peace and just economy, just environment and just eating, just medicine and just politics, just faith and just interfaith, love kindness enough to listen to and be in dialogue with those who do not think or live or vote or pray the way I do, and walk humbly under every sky as if it were mine, because it is yours. amen
- Sustainer God, I pray for your guidance and patience with us. Help us to understand that Peace, like love, is an action verb. Help us to move from peace dreamers to peace makers. Help us to "be not afraid" to speak up, and act up, for Peace because Peace, despite what many seem to feel, is not a four letter word.
- I pray for peace where there is war among peoples, destruction of our environment, and oppression of the most vulnerable. Kyrie Eleison. Lord, may we become the peacemakers that are blessed.
- We pray for love and unity throughout the world. That we may come together to end hunger, homelessness, war, rape, human trafficking, inequality and illness. May love, peace and justice prevail.
- I pray all the men and women in the military will be safe and come home to the open arms of their families
- I pray for all children to be able to grow up in peace, safe with their family, with friends to play with, good schools, a natural environment, freedom to follow their faith and understanding of others.
- God, please help us be true workers for peace. May our prayers not be empty; may we not assign to heaven what we can help to bring about on the earth. Teach us to sacrifice, to offer ourselves, so that peace would come on the earth.
- Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. As above, so below. A little girl drew a picture of a throne decorated with cobwebs. "Tell me about your picture, Alice," I asked carefully. "Well, you see, God is out in the world all the time, so the throne gets dusty." Please God, be in our world. Enter into us and strengthen us to stop the bullets. Even if we have to die doing it. In the name of Jesus, let all people say AMEN.
- Let us all pray for an end to violence be it ceasing fire with weapons, words or thoughts.
- O God we pray for a meeting of minds, understanding hearts, and for a clarity of thinking in working for peace. Guide all leaders that they may discern what is good, sensible, and fair to all. We pray this because, O God, we believe your guidance is necessary. Amen.
- A piece of peace for those who seek. Peace for a piece for those in strife. Seek peace. Strive for peace in the midst of strife. May the piece of peace grow........and be peace-full.
Rev. Michael Neuroth
Policy Advocate for International Issues
Program Team Based in Washington, DC
Justice And Witness Ministries
100 Maryland Avenue, NE
Washington,District of Columbia 20002