Economic Justice Church Covenant - United Church of Chapel Hill
As witnesses to the grace of God in all of creation, we strive to answer Jesus' call to work for a world where both mercy and justice prevail, and all share in God's abundance. Therefore, we, the congregation of the United Church of Chapel Hill, covenant with God and with one another to:
- Continue providing service and care for brothers and sisters in need.
- Educate ourselves on the root causes of poverty.
- Seek long-term ways of empowering the poor in our community.
- Stand against injustices that cause and perpetuate need.
- Strive for economic justice in all policies and activities associated with our church.
- Encourage and support one another in our own stewardship of God’s earth and it's bounty.
- Unite with other organizations to address poverty and injustice in the world.
Recognizing that without God's help we are inadequate to these tasks, we pray for strength, courage, humility, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit for the work ahead.
Approved May 20, 2007.
Ms. Edith Rasell, Ph.D.
Minister for Economic Justice
700 Prospect Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44115