In keeping with the open and inclusive spirit of our denominational heritage, the UCC affirms the multiple pathways that churches might take in making environmental justice part of their congregation’s DNA. While the UCC national office offers its own program for designating a congregation as a Creation Justice Church, a church can also gain this designation if it has successfully completing any of these green church certification and recognition programs:
- The Green Church Congregation Program of the UCC’s Connecticut Conference
- The Green Congregations Program of the UCC’s Massachusetts Conference
- The Earthwise Program of the UCC’s Minnesota Conference
- The Greening Congregations Program of Earth Ministry
- The GreenFaith Certification Program
- The Cool Congregations Program of Interfaith Power and Light
- The Green Justice Congregations Program of the UCC (previous to the Creation Justice Church Program)
- The Whole Earth Church Program of the UCC from the 1980s and 90s
Did we miss a program? Send us a note.
Has your church already completed one of these programs? Let us know.