15 Minutes on Stillspeaking
Do not use PowerPoint – Keep it fun!
- Give everyone who comes a comma pin. Have red and black wristbands for kids. Include with each a business sized or other small sized card with a list of things you can say when someone asks you about your pin.
- Show the commercial
- Tell them that we went to see NBC and CBS and were re-buffed, and that the network owned cable stations have also refused our ad
- Have your churches tried a contest to encourage members to invite new people? Try these – they’ve worked! http://www.ucc.org/god-is-still-speaking/church-resources/contest.html http://www.ucc.org/god-is-still-speaking/church-resources/prize.html
- Combine in a packet for those who want them . . . (think electronic too – send links by email with your thank you note.)
- How to see all our ads http://www.ucc.org/god-is-still-speaking/televison-ads.html
- Theological reflections and discussion questions on "Ejector", "All the People" and "Bouncer"
- Answers people can use when asked not only about the pin, but the commercial (use ours from “Give yo’ momma a comma” http://www.ucc.org/god-is-still-speaking/church-resources/comma-momma/mommacomma.pdf or create your own)
- It’s never too late to join this movement of extravagant welcome! How to opt in http://www.ucc.org/god-is-still-speaking/opt-in.html
- Take questions
- Make it a lively 15 minutes! Leave them wanting more.