The God is Still Speaking message is being heard!
Here are just a few excerpts from the thousands of messages we've received from inside and outside of the UCC. The God is Still Speaking message is being heard loud and clear!
- "My wife and I have been looking for many years for a church with ... an approach to God and the world in which we NOW live. [We saw] your "all inclusive" message ... and found our new home with the UCC. Our family couldn't be happier - we had our prayers answered."
- From a pastor: "A young woman saw the ad and came to our church. She said she found a welcome here like no other church had offered. She said she was "hooked" by the ad, and after visiting said, "You got me!" She joined the church a week later."
- "I wanted to let you know how deeply my wife and I appreciate the message of inclusion and acceptance your ministry has boldly chosen. I am a non-Christian who strongly believes in Christ's message of acceptance, but is very turned away by individuals who think that God would exclude certain people. ... Jesus would be (or is!) proud of the choice you have made and we congratulate you for doing so. Thank you for spreading the message of peace and love."
- Letter from a member: "He saw the ad and drove 50 miles to the nearest UCC church ... We hugged, and in tears he said worship with us was a 'holy moment.' He said, 'I was a stranger and you welcomed me.'"
- "I just wanted to applaud your national television ad with the "All Are Welcome" message. What a courageous statement to make in these times! I am [a non-Christian]. I heard about the ad on NPR radio, and watched it online. I believe this is a really valuable message, and I hope UCC continues to keep up the good work."
- "Your ad is beautiful. Keep fighting to show that "we accept everyone" isn't too controversial."
- "[Our] church is in the heart of conservative America ... By disseminating the message that "Our Faith is Over 2000 Years Old, Our Thinking is Not," we have attracted several visitors and we have received about 22 new members since last October ... People are thirsting for the alternative message that the UCC has to offer. Yes, we are attracting gay and lesbian couples, but we are also attracting heterosexual couples/families who want their children to hear a message of love and inclusivity."
More ad viewer response
Ms. Darlene Grant
Marketing and Online Associate
Publishing, Identity, and Communication
Local Church Ministries/Office of General Ministries
700 Prospect Ave.