Written by Connie Larkman
Concluding nearly 40 years of service with the Health and Education Foundation in Istanbul, Turkey, Ken and Betty Frank were recognized during the Common Global Ministries Board of Directors' meeting last month in Indianapolis.
The Franks served as co-General Secretaries of the American Board in Istanbul.
At the April meeting, the board also recognized three other couples whose terms of service recently concluded or are near completion: Carolyn and Laslo Medyesy, the Reformed Church of Hungary; Samuel and Nohemi Pagan, teachers of theology and Spanish in Israel/Palestine; and Thomas and Lynnea Morse, who will soon conclude their term with Amity Foundation and Nanjing Drum Tower Hospital in China.
In other action, the board:
• Named Bob and Patrice Shebeck to begin a new associate term, serving with the Reformed Church of France.
• Renewed the terms of Maryjane Westra, who serves as a health- and child-care consultant at Mt. Selinda in Zimbabwe; and Don Westra, who works on the staff of the Micro-Enterprise and Strategic Planning/Management program at Mt Selinda.
• Renewed the term of Gloria Vincente Kanu, who serves the Guatemalan Culture Action (ACG).
• Extended the term of James and Jayanthi Wilson (United Congregational Church of Southern Africa, Botswana Synod, Botswana) by six months, from Jan. 1, 2013, through June 30, 2013.
• Approved a home assignment for Anil and Teresa Henry, who are working on behalf of the Synodical Board of Health Services of the Church of North India. They received a three-month assignment from June 15 to Sept. 15.
• Approved a home assignment for Thomas and Monica Liddle (Protestant Church of East Timor), who were granted a 12-month assignment from Aug. 1, 2012, through mid-2013.
A common witness of the United Church of Christ and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Global Ministries nurtures relationships with international partners. Learn more about Global Ministries.